Best Friends Boyfriend (Michael)

You're a college student and you have a night out with your friend Jess and her boyfriend Michael. After Michael buys you a final drink, you feel funny and opt to take a cab home. But Michael has other plans for you.

(I'm posting Michael ones because I post them on ao3 and I figured I'll put them on here too. Don't worry I still mostly just write William)

***

Normally, you'd steer clear of spending time with your friend Jess and her boyfriend Michael together. They were inseparable—always wrapped up in their little bubble of infatuation. Being around them made you feel out of place, like a third wheel. No, not like—you were a third wheel.

Michael, in particular, was someone you could never warm to. There was just something off about him. He had this subtle way of talking down to you, always when Jess wasn't looking. It was never blatant enough to call out, but it lingered, making you uncomfortable even though you tried to brush it off.

One night, they invited you out to a bar. With no plans and nothing to occupy you at your apartment, you reluctantly agreed. Sure, they might leave you feeling excluded, but at least there'd be drinks and a dance floor to lose yourself in.

You met them at a local spot you knew well, one where your fake ID had always worked without a hitch. Not that it mattered much—Michael was already 21, and he usually took care of the drinks.

"Oh, look who decided to show up!" Michael spotted you first as you walked in. You were underdressed for this place, but it didn't bother you. You made your way to the bar, giving Jess a hug and flashing Michael a practiced, insincere smile.

Michael knew you didn't like him. He fed off it. There was something about making you uncomfortable that he enjoyed, like he got a kick out of making sure you felt left out. As if he relished the way he pulled Jess, your best friend, just a little further away from you each time.

You sat down with them and started with a few drinks, but Michael kept pushing for more, topping off your glass again and again. Before long, both you and Jess were teetering past tipsy, just buzzed enough that sitting still seemed impossible.

The three of you headed for the dance floor, and you didn't hold back. The alcohol coursed through you, loosening every inhibition. You jumped and swayed to the beat, feeling the perfect buzz thrumming in your body. You and Jess belted out the lyrics to the music, completely caught up in the fun, carefree in a way you hadn't felt all night. Nothing else mattered but the rhythm and the laughter.

Until you felt a hand grab your ass.

Your body stiffened, and when you turned your head, there was Michael, smirking. The carefree joy drained from your face in an instant. Jess was oblivious, lost in the music beside you. You shifted away, swallowing the surge of anger and disgust. You wanted to slap him, to make him pay for crossing that line, but the thought of explaining it to Jess stopped you. You didn't want to ruin her night—even if Michael had already ruined yours.

Eventually, Jess excused herself to the bathroom, leaving you alone with Michael on the dance floor. You kept moving to the beat, trying to ignore him, but before long, he closed the distance between you, his hands wrapping around your waist. You froze for a second, then immediately tried to push him away, but his grip didn't budge.

"Michael!" you snapped, your voice cutting through the music.

He just laughed, ruffling your hair like you were a child. "I'm just messing with you," he said, his tone dripping with mock innocence. You could tell he wasn't joking.

You scowled, stepping back, but he leaned in closer, unfazed. "Aw, come on," he said, a sleazy grin creeping across his face. "We're just having a little fun, right?"