4 vs 1 (Michael)

This is one of the most unsettling stories I've ever written. Just a heads-up, this isn't about William (I know this work is just for William one-shots but I just thought I'd publish it because why not). Instead, it focuses on his son Michael and his friends. The story revolves around an original character who faces an unfortunate situation after a high school football game, where she is tricked into accepting a ride home from Michael. Please proceed with caution.

***

Typically, I would never attend football games. I had always wanted to go, but I never found anyone to join me. That changed when a girl from my math class invited me to join her and her large group of friends. I was puzzled by her invitation—maybe she was just being kind, or perhaps she felt sorry for me since I had been at this school for almost 3 months without making any friends.

At that moment, I was thankful for the opportunity. I was eager to make connections. But had I known what would unfold that night, I wouldn't have gone at all.

The girl's name was Celeste. She invited me to join her and her friends as they prepared for the game at her house. I felt a bit intimidated; they were the so-called ''popular girls' and, while they seemed friendly, my nerves were at an all-time high.

The football game was a blackout event, so I opted for simple black pants and a black t-shirt. It was nothing special, but it was the best I could manage. After putting on my Converse, I stepped out of the house, my stomach in knots and my heart racing.

Celeste and her friends were already outside, snapping pictures together. They seemed completely put together—hair styled, makeup flawless. A wave of nerves washed over me as I realized how incredible they all looked, while I felt like a complete mess by comparison. They sported shorts, fishnets, tank tops, cropped shirts—attire I wished I had the confidence to pull off.

They were stunning. 

"Oh! Lauren's here!" Celeste exclaimed when she spotted my car. Embarrassed by my outfit, I stepped out with a smile that felt more forced than genuine and made my way over. "Guys, this is Lauren, she's the new girl..." 

They each introduced themselves with bright smiles, but I could sense that I wasn't making the best impression. I hoped I wouldn't let them down, but the worry lingered in the back of my mind.

"Hey, um... I don't want to come off as rude or anything," Celeste said, causing my stomach to twist, "but I think you might get a bit warm in that outfit. Would you like to borrow something to wear instead?" 

My eyes brightened. Despite my embarrassment, a wave of relief washed over me. I could finally fit in.  "Y-Yeah! That sounds great!" I replied enthusiastically. She led me to her room and picked out an outfit that made me a bit nervous just looking at it.

She handed me a pair of black shorts that were much shorter than I was used to, along with a snug tank top.  "This will look amazing on you," she said with genuine enthusiasm.

"Uhhh," I chuckled nervously, "I don't know...I'm a little...insecure."

"Don't be!" she insisted. "I see you around school, and you always wear those baggy clothes. They're cute, but you're hot, Lauren! You need to show it off!" 

I sighed and nodded in agreement. Celeste cheered and gave me the space I needed to change. Once I slipped into the outfit, I stood in front of her full-length mirror, scrutinizing my reflection.  My legs looked too skinny and ashy, my arms felt too long and lanky, and my face—ugh, I hated it. 

But deep down, I knew I didn't have much of a choice. If I wanted to fit in and make friends, this was the path I had to take. So, summoning all my courage, I stepped outside, unsure and self-conscious, revealing my seemingly unimpressive figure.