New Employee

Consensual but large age gap.

***

Aria Maes gazed up at the familiar building of Fredbear's Family Diner, her heart pounding with nervous anticipation. Clutching her neatly prepared resume, she took a deep breath, preparing herself for her first job interview at Fredbear's. As she stood there, memories flooded her mind of the countless visits she had made to Fredbear's in her childhood.

Aria had always been drawn to SpringBonnie, one of the beloved animatronic characters at the diner. While Aria loved Fredbear himself, it was SpringBonnie who held a special place in her heart. Whenever they visited, Aria would gravitate towards SpringBonnie, clinging to him the entire time she was there.

After a few visits, SpringBonnie began to notice Aria as well, recognizing her each time she came through the doors. Aria felt a rush of warmth whenever SpringBonnie would greet her, even going so far as to give her the special nickname of "Ari." This nickname was reserved exclusively for SpringBonnie, and SpringBonnie only. She relished in the memories, but she knew she couldn't have that distract her on her big day.

Nerves fluttering in her stomach, Aria wiped her clammy hands on her jeans before mustering up the courage to push open the heavy diner doors. The familiar scent of pizza grease and rubber washed over her, a smell so pungent yet so nostalgic, mingling with the sounds of children's laughter and the faint strains of Fredbear's iconic song playing in the background.

As she stepped further inside, Aria's eyes darted around the diner. Her heart skipped a beat when she caught sight of SpringBonnie on stage, entertaining a little girl with black hair tied in braids adorned with soft pink ribbons. A pang of jealousy prickled at Aria's chest as she watched, the similarities between the young girl and her own childhood self stirring up a surge of jealousy. But Aria quickly admonished herself, reminding her heart that she was no longer a kid.

Approaching the front desk, she was greeted by a man in a gray shirt bearing a name tag marked "H. Emily." His sandy blonde hair and rosy white complexion complemented his twinkling brown eyes and wide grin as he warmly welcomed her with a big smile.

"You must be Ariana," he chirped in a friendly tone, a warm smile lighting up his face.

Aria chuckled nervously, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "It's just Aria," she quickly corrected, the words tumbling out before she could stop them. 

"Ah, my apologies," he acknowledged with a gracious nod, his tone gentle and accommodating. "Aria," he corrected himself smoothly. "Well, I'm Mr. Emily, but you can call me Henry," he offered, gesturing for her to follow him towards the back of the diner. "Formalities don't matter much to me, only to Mr. Afton," he added with a slight sigh and a roll of the eyes.

"Who's Mr. Afton?" Aria asked as she furrowed her brow.

"He and I are the co-owners, your soon to be boss's," Mr. Emily explained, his voice laced with a hint of mischief as he paused for effect. "If you get the job," he added, punctuating his statement with a playful wink.

A swarm of nerves churned in Aria's stomach as she processed the information. Henry seemed kind and approachable, but the mention of Mr. Afton as a potential boss added a new layer of uncertainty to her already lengthy list of worries for the day. "Hopefully!" she exclaimed with a nervous giggle, attempting to mask her anxiety with humor, though the effort fell flat.

"You don't have to be so nervous, you know," Henry reassured her with a light laugh, guiding her into his office. Leaving the door slightly cracked, he settled into his swivel chair and gestured for Aria to take a seat across from him.

"Right, sorry," Aria managed to force out yet another nervous laugh, a faint smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

Henry's warm demeanor put her at ease, and she silently hoped that the mysterious Mr. Afton would have the same vibe. Taking a deep breath, she seated herself in the chair opposite Henry and placed her neatly printed resume on his desk, her hands trembling slightly as she did so. Despite having been through numerous job interviews in the past, this one felt different. This was Fredbear's - a place from her childhood that held a special significance for her. The thought of not getting hired here filled her with dread.