Chapter 1-2: To Camping Perfection

Camp Vargas - Day 1 - Morning

At the Mirror Chamber, all the students of the clubs have arrived.

Riddle asks, "Are all Equestrian Club members present?"

"No, actually. Sebek isn't here yet," Silver answers, "We were supposed to leave the dorm together, but he insisted on guarding Malleus up to the last possible second... Hm?" He soon notices Sebek now, "Ah, there he is."

Sebek walks into the room wearing an outfit. He says, "'Roughing it outdoors shouldn't be any trouble for you, given your Briar Valley upbringing. The Equestrian Club is in good hands...' Though it may have been an offhand remark, I shall NEVER forget those words my liege spoke to me. Watch me, my liege! I, SEBEK, DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR! I shall lead these humans and guide the Equestrian Club to CAMPING PERFECTION! I will meet your lofty expectations and do justice to my role as your guardian!"

Riddle and Silver remain silent.

Leona soon arrives wearing a Savanaclaw version of Sebek's outfit.

Leona asks, "Why am I here again? It wouldn't be the end of the world if one of us was absent."

Then Ruggie walks in wearing an outfit as well.

"Please, Leona. Don't even start," Ruggie says, "We're all supposed to attend. I bet they'd abolish any club that had a member skip out."

And then Floyd walks inside wearing one as well.

"Mornin', Sea Snake. Crabby," Floyd says.

"What's up with the outfit?" Ace asks.

With a smile, Floyd says, "Pretty sweet, right? I bought it 'specially for camping.I've been diggin' this brand lately. Their clothes are real easy to move in and they don't tear," He then sees Ruggie and Leona, "Heeey, Sea Lion's got on designer duds too. And I also recognize the brand Sharksucker's wearin'! You guys really went the extra nautical mile for this."

Ruggie snickers, "Shyeheehee. Thanks, Floyd! You're looking sharp too. This is just a little something I picked up for myself when I went shopping for Leona's outfit."

"Yeah, with MY money," Leona points out, "You owe me for that, by the way. Best be ready to work hard enough for the both of us at this training camp."

"You bet I am!" Ruggie says, "Besides, you woulda demanded that anyway, whether I dipped into your pocket change or not."

Sebek scoffs, "Hmph. Your down jacket will avail you naught in the mountains once the brambles tear it asunder. If you're at all serious about camping, you'd be better served by protective gear like mine. My rainwear is durable, waterproof, breathable, AND personally endorsed by Lilia himself!"

"Hah. Look at you, Mr. Outdoorsman," Leona says in remarks, "If you're that scared of the mountains, it'd be much easier to just hide in your tent the whole time."

Sebek becomes offended, "How DARE you!"

Jack then steps in, "Hey, Sebek. Aren't you missing somethin' with all that protective gear? What about your PE uniform?" Then turns to the others, "Same goes for Ruggie, Leona, and Floyd. You guys are kinda sticking out, you know?"

"Oh yeah? Got a problem with that? I wear what I want," Floyd questions with a frown.

"No, not at all!" Jack quickly says, "I was just concerned, is all. Our instructions said to wear clothes that are easy to move in."

"Yeah, but they DIDN'T say anything about PE uniforms. This is what I think's easy to move in," Leona says.

Sebek huffs, "Hmph. I interpreted our instructions in much the same manner. In fact, Coach Vargas hasn't raised a single objection with any of us. QED."