Chapter 2-6: That's What They Get

After the little incident, the Equestrian Club is able to scare the Fire Fairies away.

"Okay, we managed to chase off the fairies unscathed," Silver says

Sebek scoffs, "Hmph! That's what they get for attempting to swipe another's spoils."

"I expected a simple mining task, not a fairy fracas. This turned out to be quite the ordeal..." Riddle says.

"Yes. I didn't expect the fairies to come over and attack us. Not even Trinket," Sereia says.

Trinket nods her head in response.

"Not for me, of course," Sebek says, "After all, I've sworn to meet Malleus's every expectation!"

Then Riddle says, "I'm impressed, Sebek. Your motivation is strong as can be where Malleus is concerned."

"OF COURSE! THAT'S JUST HOW GREAT MALLEUS IS!" Sebek shouts.

Riddle and Sereai, and even Trinket cover their ears in response.

"Could you PLEASE stop yelling? This tunnel's very echoey. My ears are ringing," Riddle says.

"At any rate, we have our magestone. Let us claim our Vargas badge," Sebek says.

"We just need to find one of the ghosts to check in," Sereia says.

Just then, the ghost in question appears, "Whee hee hee! You called?"

The girls yelp in surprise.

Sereia cries out, "Don't sneak up on people like that!"

The ghost chuckles, "Hee hee... Sorry."

Sebek steps forward, "Greetings, ghost! We have obtained our requisite magestone fragment."

The ghost looks at the stone, "Mmmhmm. Yep, you got one all right. Here you go! One Vargas badge for the Equestrian Club," and gives the club members a badge.

Having the badge, Sebek cheers, "VICTORY!"

"So that's what the badges look like," Silver says.

I can now report back to Malleus and Lilia with my head held high," Sebek says.

Then Sereia has an idea, "Sebek, Briar let me borrow the ghost camera for a little bit. You wanna take a commemorative photo?" and brings out the ghost camera.

"Why, you're rather considerate," Sebek says with a smile, "Go on, then. Fulfill your record keeping duties."

"Okay," Sereia says and points the camera towards Sebek, Riddle, and Silver with the badge and magestone, "Say cheese everyone."

And Sereia takes the picture.