Chapter 5-11: Close to My Level

You five are our MVPs. You might even get close to my level soon! Let's give them a big round of applause!"

"I have no idea how I'm supposed to feel about this. So... I guess I might as well enjoy it? ALL RIGHT!" Ruggie happily says.

Everyone soon claps and cheers, "WOO HOO! WAY TO GO!"

Once the cheering is done, Vargas says, "Now then—the challenges may be over, but you can't relax just yet. You've all got a lot of cleaning up to do. Break down your tents and fold them up, and make sure you return all the pickaxes and fishing poles to the ghosts. Two hours should be enough time. Each club is to report to the cottage once they've finished. And remember, you're still at Camp Vargas 'til we get back to school. If your club members aren't all at the cottage before time's up..."

"Yes, yes, club disbanded. We know," Ruggie says.

"That's right! Tardiness will not be tolerated," Vargas says, "Dismissed!"

"I'm so glad our club lives on! You really pulled through for us, Ruggie!" Epel says.

Ruggie laughs, "Ahaha... Guess not running away was the right call after all."

Grim is still not pleased, "He didn't have to tie us up to a tree! We're just the record keepers! Stupid Vargas... I'll remember this!" and is still holding a grudge against Vargas for his actions.

"Still, you all did a great job with the challenge," Briar says.

"That's true," Tanzanite says.

Sebek huffs, "Hmph! Don't hold me to your human standards. The outcome was inevitable by my own criteria."

Riddle walks over and says, "Sebek. You did well. Our club was spared disbandment because of you."

Riddle... What you did was also worthy of merit, as far as human deeds go. ...Thank you for saving me," Sebek says.

Riddle giggles a bit, "Hehe. I still can't tell when you're being sincere."

Silver remains silent and looks at Sebek with a calm smile.

Sebek notices, "What's with that look, Silver?! Do you have a problem?"

"No, far from it," Silver says, "I was just thinking how nice it would be if you could be so forthright with everyone."

"It would be NICE if you minded your own business," Sebek says.

"I'd like to thank you as well, Sebek. I'll cover your cleaning duties. Get some rest," Silver says.

"...Heh. At least you show proper respect. Very well, Silver. I suppose I can trust you with some menial chores," Sebek says.

Soon, a Track member says to Jack, "You should rest up too, Jack. I'll take care of your stuff."

"Oh, uh... Sure. Thanks," Jack says.

Briar says to Sereia, "Sereia, you get some rest. Even though you're not part of the training, you really did a good job helping the guys."

"Yeah. You really helped us, even though we weren't really attacked by a monster," Grim says.

Trinket tinks with a smile.

"So we'll handle packing up and you get some rest," Jasper says.

"Okay," Sereia says.

"You deserve a break too, Ruggie," Epel says to Ruggie.

"Great, 'cause that's exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for handling my cleanup," Ruggie says.

Soon, Floyd walks over to Jamil, "Heeey, Sea Snake."

Jamil sighs, "I know where this is going. Fine, we'll take care of your tent. I can't deal with being indebted to you."

Floyd laughs, "Ahaha! Great, saved me from havin' to ask."

"Y'know, it still bugs me that we couldn't even put a dent in Coach Vargas," Jack says.

"Agreed. As Malleus's guardsman, I cannot be satisfied with such an outcome," Sebek agrees.

"You guys take this stuff so seriously..." Ruggie says.

Floyd turns to Ruggie, "Oh, yeah. I wanted to ask you somethin', Sharksucker."

"Sure, hit me. I'm in a good mood, after all," Ruggie says.

"You used your signature spell when we dunked Coach Lobster in the mud, right?" Floyd questions.

Ruggie flinches, "Grk..."