Chapter 2-3: The Long Haul

Meanwhile, at the lakeside, Deuce and Jack along with some of the other club members are fishing to catch food for tonight.

"Okay, our bait's hooked and ready. Time to cast our lines and see what bites. Let's do it!" Deuce says, and casts his line.

His lure lands in the water and soon begins to wait. So far, nothing is happening.

"...Nothing so far," Deuce responds.

Then Jack says, "That's pretty normal. You gotta be patient and settle in for the long haul. At least, that's how it was when I'd go fishing for pond smelt back home."

"Ohh. So this is normal," Deuce says.

Then Jack notices, "Hey, look. Some fish are gathering around your bait."

"You're right. All I need is one tiny bite..." Deuce says.

Deuce and Jack wait patiently for the fish to catch the bait. Soon, Jasper begins walking over to them, but remains quiet so he doesn't scare the fish.

Soon, Deuce sees the fish catching the line and begins to pull.

"Got one," Deuce says, and begins to hold the rod with his might.

"Now reel in, Deuce," Jack says.

Deuce does just that and mananges to fish a fish out of the water.

"Got it," Deuce says, and soon grabs the line with the fish attached.

"Hey guys," Jasper speaks up.

Deuce and Jack turn to see Jasper.

"Hi Jasper," Deuce says.

"Hey Deuce, nice catch," Jasper says.

"Thanks," Deuce says.

"I've come to check to see how you all are doing," Jasper says.

"So far, we've only managed to catch this," Deuce says, presenting the fish.

"One is better than none, so it's a good start," Jasper says.

"I guess, but we still have a lot of fishing to do. The others are fishing for fish as well," Deuce says.

"Well, seeing you two are doing alright, I'll go check on the rest of the campers and..." But Jasper notices something, "Hey, wait a minute..." And sees something in the lake, "Look, in the lake! There's a big shadow under the water!"

Everyone looks at the lake to see a large shadow under the water, and it's heading towards them.

"That's gotta be a fish...right? It's coming this way," Deuce says, "That sucker could feed the whole team. Jack, we can't pass this up," And holds out the fishing rod.

"I guess not, but...isn't it a little TOO big?" Jack says.

Then Deuce notices, "It's coming up to the surface..."

And then something rises up on the surface. Everyone is shocked to see that it's not a fish, but it's Floyd in his aquatic eel form.

"Oh hey, it's Macky and Sea Urchin. And you got one of the twin catfish with ya," Floyd says, "What'cha doin'?"

"Floyd?! What are YOU doing?" Deuce questions, shocked.

"Our challenge. What can I say? I was hungry," Floyd says, "Sitting around with a fishing rod's a real snoozefest, though. Way easier to jump in and catch fish the old-fashioned way. Anyway, I was in the middle of a hunt, so I better get back to it. Later, gators."

He then dives back into the water and swims around to catch more fish.

"And there he goes," Jasper says.

"He can DO that?" Jack questions.

"All right, enough distractions. This time, I'm catching something!" Deuce says.

Just then, a rock comes flying at them, forcing them to duck their heads.

"Oh, what now?!" Deuce asks.

"Someone threw a rock at us," Jasper says.

Jack looks towards the lake and sees the culprits, "Look, over there!"

And what they see is a group of water fairies.

"Fairies?" Deuce and Jasper say, shocked.

And the fairies tinks and throw more rocks at them.

Then Deuce says, "I don't know what they're saying, but I recognize trash talk when I see it. I've had it up to HERE with all these interruptions. Come on, Jack! Let's send 'em packing!"

"Yeah!" Jack says.

"I'll help too," Jasper says, ready to help.