EPILOGUE

GLAIZIEL’S POV

“Now let us humbly invoke God’s blessing upon this bride and groom, that in his kindness he may favor with his help those on whom he has bestowed the Sacrament of Matrimony. . . In the sight of God and these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss!” huling pahayag ng pari na naghudyat kay Alliyah at Alexis na maghalik sa harap ng altar.

I’m genuinely smiling from ear to ear for them, I’m happy how Alexis chose to believe in God again after witnessing all the happenings in his life, I’m happy that Puerenz and Starlette are at peace that they have a complete family and even expecting a younger sibling, I’m happy that my sister and I had forgiven each other and let go of the past to focus on present and future events.

Nagkamali ako sa pag-intinding sakim siya’t gustong angkinin ang buhay ko, at nagkamali rin siyang mahal ko pa si Alexis at desperadang makasama siya naliwanagan na siyang ninais ko lamang siyang gantihan at naliwanagan na rin akong ninais niya lamang ipaghiganti ang mga pumanaw naming magulang.

As for Dad, we’ve visited him three times in 5 months as we’re also busy with many things, preparing Alliyah's wedding that we wished Dad could attend but we understand that bloody hands shouldn’t be compromised by allowing him to enter the sacred house, Renz’s 8th birthday party, and minding our actual businesses—Alliyah's make-up brand has been soaring high, I couldn’t be any proud of her.

Imagine, she was only a little kid back then, painting my face with cosmetics and it wasn’t even looking good but I didn’t wanna hurt her feelings so I’d always say that I looked prettier just to boost her confidence in her passion, and look what she has become now, a successful woman on her own.

Parati niyang sinasabi sa aking mas matatag daw ako sa aming dalawa, pero para sa akin, walang MAS dahil may kaniya-kaniya kaming klase ng paghihirap na minsan na naming inisip sumuko pero heto pa rin kami, kaya pareho kaming matapang, pareho kaming matatag...

But indeed, I’m not a crybaby like her. Look at that, because of overflowing happiness, she’s already creating a falls from her eyes after breaking off from their kiss. Ngunit tingnan mo naman, ang ganda-ganda niya pa rin kahit umiiyak na, ang ganda niya sa white classic ball gown niya at guwapo rin naman ang asawa niya sa itim na tuxedo nito.

People including me, clapped for the newly wedded couple. “Wooo! Congratulations!” I slightly exclaimed and clapped again.

“Gly, you’d be the next in line to get married, aaack!” napalingon naman ako sa mapang-asar na komento ni Adele, kaibigan ni Alliyah na naging kaibigan ko rin dahil parehas kaming tumulong sa wedding organization. “Catch the bouquet, okay? He may be waiting for that moment.” tila nangingilig niyang turan at bahagya akong siniko.

Nag-init naman ang mga pisngi ko pero ayaw kong ipahalata sa kaniyang bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko kaya pinakunot ko ang noo ko. “What are you even talking about? We’ve only been together for 2 months, we’re not marrying anytime soon.” katwiran ko sa kanya. Naglalakad na sa nave ang bagong kasal e nagbubulungan pa kaming dalawa rito na parang mga tsismosa, pumapalakpak pa rin naman ang mga kamay ko.

“Duh, don’t you know about the taxi cab theory? Couples who have been together for 11 years do not even end up getting married but the 2-week partners marry each other, it’s by certainty you have for one another not by the length of time that you have been together.” pabulong niya ring pagrarason. “But it’s fine, you should be sure of the man that you will spend the rest of your life with, but my opinion? That man you have? Don’t let him go, Gly, by few interactions I could already say that he’s the best man for you. Not to mention, a good doctor that took care of you multiple of times? Nah, have him.” aniya pa na ikinakagat ko naman sa pang-ibabang labi ko. Alam na alam niya na istorya ng love life ko, ah.