Chapter 12 I Hate The Color Green

As the kids' families are being controlled by the gaming system, Chad continues watching the whole game on the video screens.

Chad: These kids shouldn't be this good. I read their profiles, and I knew they were good, but not this good. It's time to up the stakes.

The gaming system starts increasing the game adventures, and Chad watches to make sure that the kids don't make it out of the game alive. Chad makes a horrifying evil smile.

(Inside The Game)

Rick and the rest make it to the next level.

Rick: It's quiet. Too quiet.

An army of plant monsters spawn around them.

Rick: That's what I thought.

Rick and the group get ready to fight them but notice the plant monsters mutated into bigger, badder plant monsters. Suddenly, an army of robots and mercenaries appears around them.

Rick: Wait, what? There's not supposed to be robots in this level or mercenaries.

The mercenaries start shooting their M4s at them, and Rick and the others scatter.

Rick transforms into Heatblast and starts burning the mercenaries to a crisp.

(Mercenaries Screaming)

Hank transforms into Diamondhead and kills the mercenaries. Marie transforms into Wildvine and takes them out with her plant powers. She then sees the monsters.

Marie/Wildvine: You wanna go? Let's go.

Wildvine fights off the plant monsters while Wendy and Max take out all the robots. Max shoots them with a Smith & Wesson Model 586 and a Smith & Wesson Model 15 in both his hands.

Max: Wild West, bitches!

Max shoots a few, but the bullets barely affect all the robots. The robots then grab Max, and one of them turns his arm into a buzzsaw, about to cut Max in half. Wendy starts killing the robots with her sword and saves Max.

Max: Thanks.

Wendy: Anytime.

The mercenaries shoot at both Wendy and Max, and Max kills a few more with a Smith & Wesson Model 10 from the back of his pants, managing to kill only two more with only six shots in the barrel. Maggie transforms into XLR8 and takes out the rest of the mercenaries, but the plant monsters grab her and everyone else. They were about to kill them all until Hank starts cutting them free with his Diamondhead blades.

Chad: Oh, no. They don't get to win this game.

The gaming system changed Hank back to normal, and the plant creatures recaptured him. Everyone else that transformed soon turned back to normal and ended up being crushed in the plant vines.

Chad smiles as he sees them about to be crushed.

Everyone else around the world and on their live streaming computers see them all about to die.

Male Gamer: Come on. Get out!

Female Gamer: You can't end like this.

Marie: Wendy! I don't know if we're about to die for real or not, but I've wanted to tell you this for a long time. I love you!

Wendy hears what Marie says and suddenly felt something inside her. This courage gives her a chance to try and break free, and she rips through some vines with her teeth. She then breaks free while hurting her health. Wendy then charges for Marie while taking out the plant monsters.

Wendy: (Straining) Hold on! I'm going to get you out of this!

Marie: Watch out!

The plant monsters attack Wendy, but she jumps out of the way and punches the monster in the eye. She then rips out a thorn from one of them, causing the plant monster to roar in pain. Wendy cuts a few vines open, freeing Marie. Marie and Wendy get out. The plant monsters try to kill them both, but Marie and Wendy jump out of their way and free the others. Rick and the others all attack the plant monsters and start killing them all. Some even explode, releasing flowers and green and pink sparkles into the air. The sparkles and flowers surround Wendy and Marie as they look into each other's eyes in beauty with the wind blowing in their hair.

Hank: Hey! We need your help over here!

Wendy and Marie help them take out what's left, and everyone was dead.

Chad: You head to the next level! (Angrily) Congratulations.

The TV screens turn off, and Chad throws his stress ball at the elevator.

Chad: We gotta do something. They're getting too close to the end of the game. Wait, of course! Time to go worldwide.