Chapter 18 The Historic Battlefield

The group makes it to the next level and sees that they're in a historic battlefield representing the Civil War.

They get surrounded by SnakeFlies, which fly at them and spit their goo.

(SnakeFlies Hissing)

Wendy pulls out a bag of guns from her arsenal.

Wendy: Everybody, grab a weapon.

Everyone takes a gun from the bag.

Rick ends up dual-wielding a Beretta 92FS and a Browning Hi-Power Silver Chrome. Maggie dual-wields a Colt M1911A1 and a Glock 17. Hank dual-wields a SIG-Sauer P228 and a Smith & Wesson 3913 "Ladysmith." Marie dual-wields a SIG-Sauer P226 and a CZ 75 "Pre-B." They each take out a bunch of SnakeFlies, but some are hard to hit as they dodge the bullets with their erratic flight patterns.

Hank: Great. Now they're mad.

The SnakeFlies spit their goo at them and start jamming up some of their guns. Wendy pulls out her sword and manages to cut them all in half.

Marie: Damn. You are a badass warrior.

Wendy blushes a little bit.

Rick: No time for lovey-dovey stuff. We gotta go!

The six of them head off into the heart of the battlefield, until they are surrounded by WildMutt Bobcats. They growl and start crawling up to them.

Max: Let's see if these kitties love to play Dodge the Bullet. Maggie, hit me!

Maggie tosses Max a Browning Automatic Rifle Safari and he starts taking them out with headshots.

Rick: You're really improving.

Max: Thanks.

As they go through the rest of the battlefield, battling their way through SnakeFlies and Bobcats, they make it to a secret laboratory where the animals are being mutated and created.

Max: Looks like we found the lab.

More creatures are being created and are coming out of the chambers.

Rick: Take them out!

Maggie takes out her bag and everyone grabs a heavy weapon. Rick starts slaughtering them with an M4. Maggie takes them out with an M16. Max continues using his rifle to take out some from far away through the scope. Hank takes them out with a Remington 700 VLS. Marie takes them out with a Ruger 10/22, and Wendy kills some with her sword but takes out the rest with her Winchester Model 70. Rick spots the main switch and shoots it with his M4. The machines turn off soon after, and everything goes dark.

Maggie: Is this the end of the level?

Rick: Should be. But I feel like I'm forgetting something.

They hear a loud noise.

Rick: What was that?!

A door opens up and Dr. Animo grabs Maggie, taking her away as she screams for her life.

All: Maggie!