Chapter 14 Mount Rushmore

Everyone arrives at Mount Rushmore for the next level. They look at their bars again and see that they've leveled up since then. Rick ends up going from Level 4 to Level 15.

Rick: Level 15. Nice!

Maggie checks her bar and sees that she's at Level 14.

Maggie: Alright!

Hank: Let's see if this is any better than before.

Hank: Level 10. Well, that's better than nothing.

Marie: Level 13.

Wendy: Level 12.

Max: Alright, let's get this over with again.

Max checks his list and sees he's no longer at level 3; he is now at level 7.

Max: Oh, come on! All that fighting and almost dying and I'm only at Level 7?

They look over all their strengths and weaknesses and see that nothing has changed at all, but they all look at their arms and see that they have one bar left on each of their arms.

Wendy: Hey, guys. What is with these little black lines on our arms?

Rick looks at them and realizes what they are.

Rick: That's what I was afraid of. These little lines that we had at the beginning. They're our life count. We had three lives before, but after everything that's happened...

Maggie: It's our final life.

Hank: Does that mean...

Wendy: It's game over.

Everyone hears this news and is terrified.

Rick: That just means we gotta beat this game and get the hell out of here.

Hank: Wait. We're not seriously going to die in here, right? I mean, we're just playing a game. It's not like we can die for real.

Rick: I don't know. But I'm not going to stand here and find out.

Rick and everyone else head throughout the plumber base in Mount Rushmore. Hank stands there and then decides to go with the group.

Chad watches as they continue playing the game.

Chad: It's time to up the stakes. Turn up the power and add a spawning system in there.

Chet: What? We haven't created anything like that yet.

Chad: We just did.

The system takes over and creates a spawn point for the werewolves and mummies to spawn around every corner. The werewolves and mummies start attacking them from everywhere, and Rick uses his flamethrower to burn them alive. Maggie uses her martial arts skills to take out the werewolves, but she is quickly wrapped up by the mummies. Hank attacks the mummies and beats one up, but it starts to wrap up his fists.

Hank: Hey, let go!

Wendy and Marie break Hank and Maggie free from the mummies. Wendy uses her sword and manages to pull out a Browning Hi-Power Silver Chrome at the same time and shoots the mummies. The bullets barely do anything to the mummies, so Wendy cuts them in half with her sword. Wendy then uses the rest of her bullets to kill the werewolves. Max pulls out a Glock 17 and kills whatever's left.

Max: Not much of a Level 7.

Rick: Let's go.

Rick and his group head throughout the plumber base, taking out as many werewolves and mummies as they see coming their way. They see a security system going off and see laser beams in their direction. One of the laser beams goes off for a few minutes.

Rick: Alright, here's our chance. Max, go.

Max: What?

Rick: You're the shortest out of all of us.

Max: You're shorter than me.

Rick: Just go!

Max: Alright. Damn, stuck in a video game and he thinks he's Ice Cube or The Rock or some other tough guy.

Max crawls underneath and makes it past the laser beam before it turns back on. Max makes his way from laser beam to laser beam and turns off the rest for Rick and the others. They head through the deactivated system and make it to the end until they are stopped by three Dr. Viktors.

Rick: Oh, crap.

The Viktors attack the group with their electrical powers.

Rick: Scatter!

Rick transforms into Four Arms.

Rick/Four Arms: Let's get this party started.

Four Arms punches Viktor in the face, but Viktor smiles and turns his head. Viktor punches Four Arms in the gut, then pounds him into the ground.

(Groans)

Maggie transforms into XLR8 and rushes through the Viktors. One of the Viktors shoots electricity from his hand, but Maggie dodges the blasts. Maggie runs toward Viktor, but he grabs her.

Viktor: I'll rip you in half!

Maggie kicks Viktor in the face a bunch of times, and he furiously roars after she runs away.

Hank: My turn.

Hank transforms into Diamondhead and shoots his crystals at them, but his crystals shatter on their skin. Diamondhead looks down at his shattered crystals.

Marie: Okay. Let's try this again.

Marie transforms into Wildvine and uses her plant powers to hold all three of the Viktors down. They break free and blast her into the wall.

Wendy: Marie!

Wendy yells and charges at them with her sword. Her sword then breaks the moment she tries to kill them with it. One of the Viktors grabs Wendy and throws her by Marie. The other two Viktors take out Maggie and Hank. All three of them start stomping their giant feet towards Max.

Max: Oh, shit. Level 7 don't fail me now!

Max runs away screaming like a little girl while the Viktors teleport themselves in front of Max. Max hits the ground, terrified.

Max: Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I don't want to die. Please just let this be a game. Just let this be a game!

The Viktors are all shot by a group of gamers with a Remington 700 BDL, a Winchester Model 70, a Harrington & Richardson Pardner Pump Protector, a Mossberg 500, and a Remington 870 Wingmaster. The bullets and shells don't do anything to them. The Viktors shoot their electricity at the players, killing them, which allows Max to get the upper hand. Max finds a hidden blaster inside one of the hidden doors on the wall and shoots it at them. He shoots all three of them, taking them out. Rick starts to get up, and Max tries to help him up but realizes he is too big to help up. Rick's Omnitrix times out, and he turns back to normal.

Rick: (groans) What happened?

As Max is about to say something to Rick, he looks at his level status and sees he went from level 7 to level 15 after that.

Max: Just leveled up.

Maggie and Hank get back up, and their watches time out, turning them back to normal. Wendy helps Marie up, and her watch times out, making it easier for Wendy to pick her up.

Max helps Rick up, and they see that the Viktors are all dead.

Rick: Did you do this?

Max: I stepped up, man. Because I'm a master.

Rick: You are the master.

After that, Rick and the others are all sent to the next level.