17

"Why are you hiding like a thief?" a familiar feminine voice echoes through the deadly silent room as Mr. Kim flinches in horror from the sudden voice.

"I caught them." Mr. Kim informs, murmuring under his breath as Mrs. Kim looks at him knotting her eyebrows.

"Caught who?" Asked by Mrs. Kim as she brings out a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"Jungkookie with Mr. Kim." The moment he uttered those words Mrs. Kim chokes on water.

"What!? If you're joking around I swear to god you will sleep on the couch tonight." Mrs. Kim warns.

"I'm not joking around, I saw it with my own two eyes. Let's just go and check if I'm wrong or right." Mr. Kim huffed and was ready to knock on Taehyung's door but his wife stopped him before that.

"Have you lost your mind? Go back to the room, you're getting on my nerves." Mrs. Kim says as she shoots glares at her husband who was also glaring back at her.

"Why won't you just believe me!" Mr. Kim cries out and that's how she understood that she can't go anywhere except knocking on the door. But if she can't find anything as her husband said, then hell is waiting for him.

"Alright, hope you know what the consequences will be." After shooting Mr. Kim a last glare, she steps forward and knocks on the door which was soon opened by Taehyung wearing a glass, the man was probably working Mrs. Kim's thoughts.

"Hi, Taehyungie, sorry for disturbing you at this moment. We heard- actually he heard some noises so we were worried if any thief sneaked in-" Before she could finish, Taehyung interrupted.

"Oh don't worry, it was me. I went to grab some water." Taehyung exclaimed as he showed a small smile at the duo. Mr. Kim's eyes widened hearing the lie when he already knew the truth.

"No! I sa-" Mrs. Kim covers her husband's mouth before he starts shouting as she shows Taehyung an awkward smile.

"Alright alright, now that we know the truth. Sorry for disturbing you between your work. Good night, Taehyungie!" Mrs. Kim chirps as she dragged Mr. Kim along with her.

"Wait, wait, let's check Jungkookie's room. I bet you he won't be there because he is with Mr. Kim." Mr. Kim says which comes out as muffled but it was okay for Mrs. Kim to understand.

"Will you stop blabbering nonsense?" Mrs. Kim says, fuming in anger.

"But I saw them, really."

"We checked already, didn't we? There was no one in the room beside Taehyung." Mrs. Kim says, rolling her eyes.

"Jungkookie can be hiding in the bathroom. Let's check his room and everything will be clea-" Mr. Kim was cut off by his wife who burst out from anger.

"Quite! No more words. Go back to the room and you're sleeping on the floor tonight." Mrs. Kim says as Mr. Kim cries out, convincing his wife to go and check Jungkook's room. But she has no intention of listening to him again.

A giggle left from Jungkook's lips as he was secretly watching all of it, head peeking out from behind the door which was slightly opened.

He closed the door as quietly as possible and turned back only to meet with the elder who was looking at him with his blank face. Still can't believe he lied to someone just because the younger said so.

"Oh my god, hyungie. Mama was so convinced by your acting!" Jungkook says giggling as he jumps on the man. Taehyung's hands automatically grasp his bottom securely.

"I didn't think she would believe it, your acting was so ridiculous." Jungkook laughs out but soon stops realizing the elder's sharp gaze on him. He lets out an awkward laugh.