Chapter 10

Did he get any sleep? No, not at all. All he could think about was the hurt he felt when Keralis was talking about Xisuma. He has never felt like this before, why now? The three of them have been friends ever since Keralis and Xisuma found him passed out on a random beach. How he got there he still has no clue. All he remembers is waking up on a bed that at that time he thought it was some sort of trap that the blankets were keeping him down. No he was just badly injured so he could not move.

But that's beside the point they have been there as long as he can remember and he has never felt this way. What even is this feeling? Is it part of the game? Do the others feel this around their soulbound? God this was too much! All he wanted was to sleep... it's not even like he could do what he normally does when he can not sleep. He could not breathe underwater anymore. So sadly no random underwater napping... those are always the best, very calm and the best for sleeping. I'm hungry...

He threw his arm over his face to feel something wet. He was crying? Why? God this was all way too much. "How long has it even been?" he said out loud to no one as he looked at the clock on the wall. 3:09, mmmhhh it's always at three in the morning... always. Whatever, should probably grab something to eat since I skipped dinner.

He got up and wiped his face before throwing on a hoodie and making his way to the kitchen. Only to realize he did not know what he wanted of the little they have at the moment. It's not even like they have any proper meat here. All they had was the animals they could find. Dang...

What did Grian call them? Oh yeah. He moved over to the small window and opened it.

"Watchers please if you're going to trap us here can we at least have some proper meat to eat? I am starving for some flesh." he spoke out the window.

Was saying that going to do anything probably not but it's worth the try. Keralis also would probably love some. But he likes rotten meat a little more than fresh. I could probably grab some from a few zombies but that would mean he would have to go outside. And it's too late for that, and Keralis is not awake so if he somehow died it would wake him.

"Gosh there has to be something appetizing to eat right now?" he said out loud

"Princess?" Keralis said coming around the corner rubbing his eyes "what are you doing up?"

He jumped when he heard Keralis, he did not hear him come out of his room.

"Oh! Hi Keralis, Sorry I was hungry and was trying to find something to eat, did I wake you?"

"No, I was also wanting food, I went to sleep right after you." Keralis said as he walked over to the counter and sat down.

"Good I would feel bad if I woke you" he sat beside Keralis.

Keralis gave a small tired hum

For a bit there was no talking

"So food... any ideas?" he broke the silence

"I want some flesh..." Keralis said sounding a little sad

"Same..." he said

"We could ask the watchers..." Keralis said, perking up a bit.

"Already did..." he laid his head on the counter.

"Ah..." Keralis sighed " maybe if I ask they will listen" Keralis started getting up

"Worth the try" he said closing his eyes "have fun with that"

"I will, I will be asking outside" Keralis said, throwing some shoes on.

"Ok, be careful" was the last thing he said before finally falling asleep.