Chapter 18

"Hey"

"XB!" Beef started to give him a hug but the remembered he was now a slime hybrid and stopped. "What happened to you? You disappeared without a word!"

"Beef slow down" Jevin said, putting a hand on Beef's shoulder then looked at XB "Hi buddy, how are you doing?"

"We should talk somewhere more private" XB said looking over at the others that were stealing glances over

Beef nodded "oh yeah, where should we go?"

Jevin sat back up from where he was sitting "we can go to our base"

"NO!..." XB snapped, there can't be any chance of him running into Keralis, "no I mean... god... sorry" he backed up "lets go to my room..." he turned around and started to lead the puzzled duo to where Stress's and Xisumans part of the base is and where he is staying.

Once they got there they all found somewhere to sit, XB the bed, Jevin the floor, and Beef the desk chair.

Nothing was said for a good minute, and it was starting to get awkward but no one knew where to start.

"XB!!!" XP yelled in his head making him jump enough for the others to notice.

"You ok XB?" Beef asked

"Oh yeah sorry..." XB said "so... where do I start?"

Jevin moved a bit trying to find a better position to sit "maybe from the beginning?"

"Yeah thats a good place to start..." XB started fidgeting with the string on his hoodie.

"So?" Beef asked.

"Sorry, just give me a minute I am trying to gather my thoughts" XB said, there was silence for another minute before he started.

"OK so... It happened the night Scar and Iskall died... there was a bang so I went to go and find out what it was, never did though all I heard was there voices" XB took a deep breath before starting again. "Who ever it was, was fighting with Keralis, Keralis said something about me being in his protection? I don't know what he ment but then he said something about me not hurting anyone?"

"You hurt someone? Never!" Beef said sarcastically. "Oh shush... and I think he meant like really hurting someone because the thing he was talking to said something about me not even knowing what I am now"

"I mean most of us were expecting Keralis to not be human, I mean he eats rotten flesh and can just grow new limbs like humans can't do that" Jevin pointed out. " I mean yeah but why would he not tell me? Like it would be nice to know what I am since we switched species! And he is my best friend... we promised to not keep secrets and to tell eachother everything. I get wanting to keep some things to himself but he knows everything about me! And I didnt even know what he was! And I still don't!" XB started tearing up

"I get that... if Iskall kept something that big from me I would also be upset" Beef said looking at the floor. Jevin nodded "So what happened next?"

"Well Keralis started yelling at the thing, I don't remember everything and his voice was cracking and his accent became thicker so it was hard to understand him but I think he said something about protecting me and not wanting to... lose...me..." there was silence as XB realized what he said. "Shoot..." his voice cracked as tears started to swell up again.

"I think you let one of Keralis biggest fears come true XB" Jevin said sitting up.

"I-" XB cracked

"I am guessing Keralis then threatened the thing?" Beef asked, and got a small nod from XB

"I messed up..." XB whispered

"Maybe but you are justified in being upset" Beef said.

"God... frick! I-" XB stammered "dang it" he started crying. "I don't know what to do anymore! What is happening to me!? I can always keep calm and I always sit to the side! And I can't even handle someone lying to me so they won't lose me! They had every right to not tell me! I just care too much! I- " XB grabbed a pillow and threw it toward the close's wall with all his strength, which ended up being the wall where one of the paintings were making it fall and crash, which made the other two jump.

"GOD! XB!" Beef yelled trying to keep his slime body together and not falling into smaller slime Beefs. "Calm down dude!"

"I-" XB started, everything was becoming blurry (probably from the tears) and the room was starting to spin. It felt like the air inside him was being ripped away.

"XB!" Jevin yelled, but XB was barely registering things around him and just pressed his eyes together and curled up into himself trying to shield himself from the world. Maybe if he could not see or hear what was happening he would be safe.

"XB...?" someone whispered, sounding right beside his ear. Making him whip his head to the side to see who it was but there was no one there but the wall that he somehow got closer too.

"Wha?" he whispered, closing his eyes again.

"XB, it's me XP" XP said open your eyes, so he found the void of his head and XP right beside him putting him into a side hug.

"What?" his voice cracked out.

"I had to force you into your mindspace sorry, I just thought it would help since you seemed overwhelmed with everything going on" XP explained

He leaned into XP "Thank you" he sighed