☾ Brave New Girl

notes: 
they be like "rest in peace" but you're more like "im gonna rip him into pieces"

  ↳ ❦ Location: Star News Inc.

BREAKING NEWS: Sumeru's most famous actor, Saizo Kuroda, was shot in the head on June 2nd around 10:00 p.m. Witnesses state that a singular gunshot went off and Saizo's body was found on top of his previous girlfriend - y/n l/n. Authorities worked quickly to begin searching for a suspect. Questioning of those who were close to him have occurred and unfortunately authorities were left with a dead end.

BREAKING NEWS: Leaked messages online found that there was a bounty placed on Saizo's head, leading authorities to believe that perhaps someone who works for an outlaw group is responsible for the murder of Sumeru's beloved actor. At first, authorities believed this murder to be done by someone close to the late actor, but with these leaked messages, it is now safe to assume someone of importance put a hit on Saizo, causing outlaws to chase the large sum of 5 million mora.

BREAKING NEWS: There was a prime witness at the scene of Saizo Kuroda's death. Sumeru's beloved Bunny - the most prominent model in the industry - was present at the scene of Saizo's death. Video footage shows the two engaging in a conversation before Saizo was shot and killed in front of her. Friends reported that they found the actor's lifeless body on top of her, who seemed to have passed out immediately after the shot. An interview will be held in place today to hear this poor girl's side of the story.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Cyno asked.

"We support anything that feels right to you," Collei muttered.

"Y/n, please don't push yourself too much. We'll be right here if you need us," Nilou sighed.

You ignored everyone and walked onto the stage. A big news outlet reached out to you to get your side of the story the day Saizo died. Camera footage was posted online of you two standing outside of the hotel. People had clipped it so that only the part where Saizo got shot and fell on top of you was on loop. The camera footage had a slight view of the black car that went by, but not a single clue led authorities to know who did it.

Sitting on the couch, you stared at the two TV show hosts who looked at you with upset smiles. One was a beloved talk show hostess, Rina Suzuki, and the other was a therapist - Dr. Emiko Nishimura. Originally, Dr. Nishimura wanted to talk to you in private since you were the one who Saizo landed on when he died, but of course, your mother made this a publicity thing and reached out to Sumeru's biggest news outlet. Your mother was in a backroom, watching the TV and smoking a cigarette while you were interviewed.

"Hello, y/n, it's a pleasure to see you," Rina hummed. She had short purple hair that had a streak of yellow and pink in her short hair. She tried to give you a sweet smile, but you didn't return it.

Dr. Nishimura sat next to Rina, her hair in a beautiful natural afro. She pushed her glasses up before speaking. "How are you holding up?" she asked.

"Oh, you know, just living life," you scoffed, leaning into the couch. You thought this whole thing was stupid, but you knew your mother would do awful things to you if you didn't speak about the matter. For days you've been in your house, refusing to eat or get out of bed, ignoring everyone who visited. Not even your housekeeper was allowed in. Your house was an absolute mess.

"So, the night of Saizo's death is obviously going around everywhere. You were there the night he was shot, yet no one seems to be asking how are you doing. Tell us, what's on your mind?" Rina began, giving you an open floor to start talking.

You finally became visible on the TV. Your mother choked on cigarette smoke now that your appearance was seen. You were told to cover up your black eye, but you didn't. Not only that, but the bruises on your neck were still noticeable. Everyone watching the show gasped seeing how dark your right eye was and how your neck was covered in finger prints from where Saizo choked you. Not only that, but you wore an oversized sweatshirt rather than a presentable outfit. You were tired. You were tired of hiding the truth.