☾ Till the World Ends

notes:

*NOTE: please read the first half of this as if it were a documentary. I figured me stating this now would help clear any confusion you may have with the layout of the chapter

also this is the last chapter of this book thank you all for reading this dumb book of a fantasy i thought of that i wanted to live in with my beloved scara 

cue the Netflix intro sound

Three.

Two.

One.

Fame and stardom seem like a world of bliss and luxury to those who are not a part of it. The concept of having access to endless amounts of money, fame, and power is a common desire of those who are common folk. Unfortunately, not many know of the dark secrets that come with being famous. Underneath the surface of luxuries lies an ocean of awful secrets that are silenced by those of power. Money is what makes the world of fame go round.

Birthdate (xx/xx/xxxx)

A star was born on that very day. A sweet young girl who would later rise to the top of the industry. She had a rather humble life growing up: raised by a blue-collar father who was a miner and a mother who came from an affluent family, one that was already in connection with the higher-ups of Sumeru society.

"I think it's important to highlight her life before the fame. She grew up in rather humble circumstances. From what I gathered, her father worked hard to provide for the family, meanwhile, her mother's side of the family was sitting on loads of wealth. The man must have felt societal pressure when it came to providing for a woman who already has more in her trust fund than his yearly salary." Charlotte sat in a black chair in the former mansion of the beloved model. The house was kept in good shape despite the amount of cobwebs and dust that were sprinkled on the decor. The mansion was now a historic museum, left in her honor so her fans and tourists could celebrate the life she previously was a part of.

A traditional family is what it appeared to be: a father working hard to provide for his wife and daughter. An unfortunate tragedy occurred to the family when the young girl was around eight years old. Her father died of an opiate overdose, something that affected the girl for years to come. An autopsy indicated it was an overdose of drugs opiates, though after some intensive research, it is now known that the medication he overdosed on was not one prescribed to him.

"Her father died when she was rather young. From what I learned, this affected the girl for the rest of her life. She was very close to him, he was her safe haven and she was much closer to the man than her mother," Charlotte explained, her eyes scanning the notes she took from some personal interviews. "However, I find it very odd that after digging up some information about her father, the medicine he overdosed on was not the kind he was prescribed to take. This would only mean that he was using drugs recreationally from the streets or there is foul play here. I cannot confirm either theory since both parents are deceased, but after reaching out to some of her father's distant relatives, they would agree with the latter."

Years down the line, she would begin her first modeling gig. At the age of sixteen, she had her first photoshoot with the company she used to work for: Vajrada Studios. The photo shoot was one that involved the future models going on set wearing just a bra and panties. I asked some models who were there the same day she was and they confirmed that it was a tradition for young girls to stand in front of the previous company owner - a man named Mortimer Kane - so he could observe which bodies he fancied the most.