38부

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were walking hand in hand in the forest. It was as if Lan Wangji were familiar yet unfamiliar with the surroundings around him.

Nie Huaisang was salty, of course. He witnessed how badly the Second Jade of Gusu treated his poor (not really) sworn-brother. I mean, he knows they'll end up fucking everyday, but still! He was blind to the color red since he was so used to seeing it on himself.

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan! Do you know where your father is? It's as if you're leading us to him! You're like a human compass." He teased.

"I do not, but, I can feel it... Somehow."

"Shocking to find out you can feel things." Nie Huaisang commented, dragging his saber behind him.

Wei Wuxian noticed how Lan Wangji's jaws were clenched. "Sang-Ge, that was rude..."

"What? I—" "Sang-Ge."

Nie Huaisang sighed as he bowed his head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, Lan Er-Gongzi."

Wei Wuxian watched how Lan Wangji's eyelids flickered, his face more relaxed. He was surprised and panicked. "Nothing to ask forgiveness for, Nie Er-Gongzi."

Has Lan Xichen really rubbed off on him?

Lan Wangji looked up at the leaves growing on the trees. "We used to train to navigate ourselves out of the woods when we were young."

Nie Huaisang and Wei Wuxian were surprised. What kind of training were they having to have themselves running out of the woods like that?

Wei Wuxian leaned closer. "Are you scared?"

"Mn." He shook his head to deny.

"Have you encountered any foes here in the forest?" Nie Huaisang asked.

"None. The Gusu woods were personally cleansed and are safely kept by the Lan Clan." Lan Wangji nodded.

"Then why is your dad separated from the rest?" Nie Huaisang asked.

Lan Wangji stopped for a moment, his hand squeezing Wei Wuxian's wrists a little.

"Father went into secluded meditation after marrying Mama in order to protect Mama after she murdered his teacher... I don't know if they truly loved each other..."

Nie Huaisang sighed. "From what A-Die told me, Qingheng-Jun had a crush on Han-Shushu. It didn't last long, tho. Han-Shushu was deeply in love with Wei Changze, and then Qingheng-Jun used Shi Zuan as a rebound."

"What is a rebound?" Lan Wangji raised his brow.

Nie Huaisang looked to the side. "You don't have to know."

Wei Wuxian placed his hand on his chin. "If Qingheng-Jun never truly loved late Matriach Lan, then why do they have three children?"

Lan Wangji was even more confused. "Three?"

Nie Huaisang. "This dumb- Eugh! He doesn't know that yet, A-Xian."

"Ooh, right. My bad." Wei Wuxian rubbed the back of his head nervously.

Lan Wangji looked super annoyed now, even with his calm face. "What do I not know?"

Wei Wuxian took his hand back from Lan Wangji as he hid behind Nie Huaisang.

"Sang-Ge, it's your turn."

Nie Huaisang smiled nervously as he looked at Lan Wangji.

"Well, you see... My father, former Sect Leader, Nie Bingwen, Jujian-Zun, Green Jade of Qinghe—"