3.11

"I woke up I was stuck in a dream, You were there you were tearing up everything"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

{Mississippi River, 300 years ago}

{Flash-back}

The ship lay abandoned, drifting aimlessly in the middle of the sea, a ghostly silhouette against the horizon.

"What do you make of that?" asked the first man, shading his eyes against the sun's glare.

"No banner, no flag," the second man replied. "Floated in out of nowhere. A miracle ship."

"Why is it just sitting out there?" the first man wondered aloud.

"Suppose we ought to find out," the second man said, his curiosity piqued.

They gathered their crew and approached the ship, cautiously boarding it. The eerie silence was punctuated only by the creaking timbers and the softly lapping waves against the hull. Below deck, they descended a ladder one by one, their lanterns casting flickering shadows on the damp, moldy walls. The sound of water dripping echoed around them, heightening the sense of foreboding.

"Where in hell is everyone?" the second man muttered, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Deserted," the first man replied, a hint of greed creeping into his tone. "Which makes everything in the hold legally forfeit. Take what suits you."

His eyes fell upon an ominous-looking coffin in the corner. "What do you make of that?" he asked, pointing.

"Open it up," he ordered.

The second man hesitated, a shiver running down his spine, but he soon mustered the courage to pry open one of the coffins—a beautiful blonde woman who looked peacefully asleep.

"What the hell?!" he exclaimed, recoiling in shock.

Suddenly, the silence was shattered by the sound of a door swinging open. The men began to disappear, one by one, their screams cut short by an unseen force. The wind howled through the ship, carrying a sense of dread. The second man, now the last one standing, held his lantern high, searching for the source of the terror.

A voice, cold and mocking, broke the tension. "Hello."

He turned, his lantern illuminating a woman standing before him. Her eyes were dark, and as she wiped the blood from her lips with a handkerchief, her veins began to recede, revealing a beautiful, albeit sinister, face.