PART 19 :

" Hamdan, Alaya threatened me, telling me to stay away from you and that i'm not good enough for you . " Hamdan was totally caught off guard by what Miraal said . He couldn't wrap his head around that Alaya would say something like that. " What the hell are you even talking about ? Are you serious right now ? " Hamdan was stunned, his eyes wide with disbelief . " You're getting angry with me over your so-called cousin ! " Miraal said, her voice dripping with sarcasm and she started to fake cry .

Hamdan realized he had overreacted, so he composed himself and said, "Sorry, Miraal, I'm really sorry. I just meant to say that Alaya wouldn't say something like that! She's my cousin, I've known her since childhood, and I know her better than anyone, even better than you know her ."

But his words, spoken with such conviction, only fueled Miraal's anger. She shot back, " Oh, so now you're going to defend your precious cousin? I'm just a mere fiancée, a mere name to you! You don't even care about me, go ahead and talk to her, trust her completely, I'm leaving ! " She started to open the car door, but Hamdan stopped her, saying, " Wait, listen, I'm sorry, please don't go ! I'll talk to Alaya, I'll ask her why she said that, please don't leave like that , I'll do anything ! "

Hamdan continued to plead , but Miraal remained silent, seething with anger, yet secretly pleased that she had finally gotten Hamdan to realize her worth. She thought to herself, " Now Hamdan is finally caught in the middle, and I'll make sure he stays there, stuck between his loyalty to his cousin and his love for me . "

( At Home )
Hamdan arrived home late, after Yahya had already left for his own home. When he got home, Mrs. Ayzel was waiting for him, looking concerned. " What took you so long, Hamdan? Is everything okay ? " his mother asked, her tone laced with worry. " Yeah, mom, everything's fine. I was just having a discussion with Miraal about something and lost track of time," Hamdan replied, telling half the truth. He didn't want to worry his mother by telling her the whole story, so he kept it brief .

He gave his mom a quick hug and headed to his room to change, feeling a bit drained. He hadn't prayed at the mosque due to the event, so he performed the Isha prayer first and then lay down on his bed, intending to sleep. But sleep was far from his eyes, and his mind was still racing with thoughts .

( HAMDAN'S POV )
" I'm still trying to figure out why Alaya would say something like that ! What's going on between Miraal and Alaya ? They were ripping into each other with their words, it was like they had a deep-seated hatred for each other . Alaya seemed perfectly fine throughout the reception, didn't even exchange a word with Miraal , But what I really don't get is how two friends who were once so close can turn on each other with such venom. They used to be willing to die for each other, and now they're tearing each other apart. How does that even happen ? Tomorrow i will ask Alaya that why did she threatened Miraal ?"

As he was lost in thought, his eyelids grew heavy, and he surrendered to the embrace of sleep, slipping away into a dream world.

( Next Day )
" Everyone was sleeping in on Sunday morning after a late night, but Alaya was still out cold. Her mom's voice finally woke her up, saying, " Alaya, get up ! It's 1 o'clock You've been sleeping for half the day ! ( jab tum apny sasural chali jaogi to pata nh kya sochengy wo log ) What will your in-laws think when you get there ? " Alaya slowly opened her eyes to see her mom standing in the doorway. " Mom,i know it's only 11, please just let me sleep a bit more ! ( or ap tension nh lijiye me itni jldi sasural nh ja rhi ) I'm not going to my in-laws' yet, don't worry about it," she pleaded, rolling over in bed. But her mom was having none of it, giving her a stern look and yanking the blanket off her. " Get up right now, or I'll throw water on you ! " She stormed out of the room, leaving Alaya to scramble out of bed .

After breakfast, she cleaned the house and was now wandering around like a free spirit, enjoying the fact that her exams were over and she had no more studying to worry about. With no pending tasks or responsibilities, she was feeling carefree and relaxed, like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. As she was strolling around, she spotted her brother sitting on the couch, engrossed in his game. She walked over to him and plopped down beside him .

Then she started teasing him again, waving her hand in front of his phone screen, and Ayaan glanced at her with annoyance before continuing his game. Alaya repeated her action, and Ayaan yell , " What's your problem ? Can't you sit still for a moment? I'm in the middle of a game, and I'll get out if you keep distracting me ! " Alaya suppressed her laughter and replied in a dramatic tone, " I'm so bored, there's nothing to do ! I thought I'd talk to you since you're my brother, but I guess you don't love me, right ? You don't care about your sister ! " Ayaan looked at her with confusion raising an eyebrow. " Did you come to talk to me or annoy me ? " He asked, though he was her younger brother, but his actions and way of talking were like those of an older sibling .

Just as she was about to give him a sharp response, mr Burhan entered the lounge with his wife, who had apparently gone out and now returned. " What's going on ? " He asked, sitting down next to Alaya and placing a loving hand on her head. Alaya also hugged her father, complaining, " Nothing, Dad, it's just your idiot son teasing me." Ayaan's mouth fell open in shock as he listened to Alaya's complaint .

" Dad, she's lying ! She's the one teasing me, I was just playing my game, " Ayaan defended himself, and Mr. Burhan chuckled, " I know, my child, you weren't teasing her, this is Alaya's specialty." Alaya looked at her dad in shock, " Dad, you're taking his side ? That's not fair ! " But her dad gently scolded her, " My dear, you told a lie, and you shouldn't support lies, you know that, right ? " Alaya then replied, " But Dad, I was just joking ! "

he scolded her lovingly, " I told you, didn't I, that you shouldn't lie even in jest? It's a sin, dear , and you should be careful. " Alaya nodded and hugged her dad again, and then Mr. Burhan drew her attention once more, " Alaya, I need to tell you something important, beta. "

Alaya looked at her dad and said, " carry on Dad , I'm listening." Then Mr. Burhan looked at his wife, who was watching them, and gestured with her eyes to continue the conversation. " I was saying, now that your studies are complete, do you want to pursue further education ? " Alaya nodded enthusiastically, " Yes, Dad, I want to go to university ! I've experienced college life, now I want to see what university life is like, and I want to continue my studies." She said with great excitement. Then her dad asked, " So, dear, if you get the chance to study abroad, would you like to go ? " Alaya looked at her dad in surprise and said " Awww ! Dad apny to mery dill , gurdy , phaipray ki baat keh di ! I would love to go abroad and study ! "

But her dad's next words hit Alaya like a bombshell, something she hadn't expected at all. " MY ADORABLE BABY ❤ , I'VE MADE ALL THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOU, YOU'RE GOING TO ITALY NEXT WEEK ! "

___________________________________

Do Vote 👍🏻 .
Do Share ❣️ .
Do Comment 👀 .

Your New Author ,
         Jiya 🦋 .