PART 24 :

( Five years later..... )

HAMDAN 🌙 : 30 YEARS OLD .
ALAYA 🦋 : 23 YEARS OLD .

( AUTHOR'S POV )
There was a buzz at home , Everyone was so happy ! Preparations were underway with great enthusiasm; everyone was busy with something or the other . No one had the time to even take a breather , as if happiness had taken over the house today ! If we glance over and enter Alaya's room, we'll find her sitting in front of the mirror, adorned in a stunning mahroon-colored dress . Her face shows no signs of emotions ; it's completely blank . She's struggling to come to terms with the fact that in just a few hours , she'll be married to someone she doesn't have any feelings for, and conversely, that person doesn't have any feelings for her either .

She was so lost in thought that she didn't even realize when Mrs. Maliha entered the room and said, " Alaya, what's going on ? You're still not ready ? The guests will be arriving soon ! " Mrs. Maliha asked while noticing that Alaya's face was bare of any makeup " when you're not even happy about this, what's the point of getting ready ? " Alaya replied looking at her mom's reflection in the mirror .

Upon hearing this, Mrs. Maliha's face turned red with anger, and she grabbed Alaya's shoulder, shaking her slightly. " What's gotten into you ? Why are you talking like this ? He's a good man, he'll keep you happy, and you're not even getting your way here. I'll come back in ten minutes, and you better be ready ! Understand ? " She didn't wait for a response and stormed out of the room, leaving Alaya's eyes brimming with tears . Alaya didn't want to cry, but her mother's words and behavior had moved her to tears .

The wedding was being held simply at home, with the nikah ceremony followed by a Delicious meal and then the rukhsati (send-off). Therefore, the house was beautifully decorated with white and red tulips, as Alaya loved tulips . All preparations were complete, and now they were just waiting for the groom's family to arrive, which was expected to happen shortly .

Ayaan rushed in and announced to everyone that the groom's family had arrived, upon which Inaya , Laraib and Mrs. Maliha went out to the door to welcome them, carrying a plate of rose flowers. Meanwhile, Alaya's breath got stuck in her throat, her feet felt numb, and she felt unprepared for all this . But what could she do ? She couldn't do anything . She had already refused to marry him earlier, and had clearly told her mother that she didn't want to get married .

She was pacing back and forth in her room, tense and anxious, when she heard the gate open and a small, tiny creature came in. Alaya's heart felt a little at ease when she saw her little princess , and she quickly scooped her up in her arms. " Oh my goodness, you're looking so beautiful, my little cutie ! " Alaya exclaimed, showering kisses on both cheeks of the little one . " How do I look, my dear Hani ? " Alaya asked, looking at Hani ( Hani is Laraib's 3-year-old daughter ), to which Hani replied, " You look very beautiful , moro "

Hani, following hazel's lead, started calling Alaya "Moro" , which Alaya found very sweet . She hadn't even asked Hani to do so, but now Hani would only call her "Moro", and Alaya was loving it .

On the other hand, the groom's family was warmly welcomed and seated in the lounge. After some conversation, the elders decided that it was time for the nikah ceremony to take place. Mrs. Maliha and Laraib then came to Alaya's room to get her ready, making her sit on the bed and covering her face with a red dupatta. Then, Mr. Burhan, Ayaan, and Mr. Arsam entered the room with the nikah documents . Mr. Burhan began reciting the nikah ceremony prayers, and simultaneously, started asking Alaya for her consent (razamandi) saying...

" Alaya bint-e-Burhan Ahmed kya apko Hamdan bin Arsam Khan k sth ye Nikaah Qubool hai ? " Mr. Burhan asked his daughter in a very gentle and affectionate tone, and now everyone was waiting for Alaya's response . Alaya, who had been feeling her breath getting stuck in her throat since she heard Hamdan's name, was experiencing a rapid heartbeat and her hands and feet were going numb. She was unable to utter a single word .