PART 33 :

( Next Day )
Both of them had slept in late because it was Sunday, and Alaya was still upset with Hamdan for not letting her speak her mind the night before. She was so angry that she didn't even want to talk to him .

After breakfast, Alaya cleaned the kitchen, and then moved on to dusting the lounge, while Hamdan was helping her with the tasks, as was his habit every Sunday.

He was simultaneously cleaning his study room, while Alaya was vacuuming the carpet in the lounge, diligently completing her tasks despite still being upset with him.

Yes, they always cleaned together on Sundays, but today there was an unusual silence between them. Hamdan tried to initiate a conversation with Alaya two to three times, but she simply responded with a brief "yes" or "no" and ignored him, her anger and hurt still simmering beneath the surface.

After finishing the cleaning, Hamdan went to take a shower, and Alaya began oiling her hair and sat in the lounge for two hours, engrossed in reading the Quran. Both of them had performed the Zuhr prayer, but the silence between them persisted, with no signs of reconciliation yet .

Alaya was so engrossed in her Quranic recitation that she didn't even realize how much time had passed. Hamdan had finished his shower and had gone to his study room to attend an important call.

When Alaya turned the page to continue reading, she discovered that she had completed an entire chapter ( para ) without even realizing it .

She closed the Quran and took a deep breath, feeling a sense of calm and serenity wash over her. Her anger had seemingly vanished, replaced by a sense of peace. She got up and headed towards the shower, ready to freshen up .

Half hour later.....

( HAMDAN'S POV )
Alaya still hasn't spoken to me and is very angry with me. I tried to talk to her, but she skillfully ignored me. Can someone really treat their spouse like this ?

My heart has been longing to hear her voice, yearning for her to call me her 'KHAN' , but she has zipped her lips shut, refusing to utter a word.

Yet, as she continues to recite the Quran, her voice reaches my ears, and my heart finds some solace, a slight comfort in the midst of this silence .

I've realized that I should apologize for my mistake and seek her forgiveness. I know I've upset her, so I'm making her favorite vanilla and strawberry pastries, hoping that they might soften her heart and she might forgive me .

As I decorated the pastry in the kitchen, I eagerly awaited Alaya's emergence from the shower, hoping she would finally speak to me . Just then , she entered the kitchen wearing a white hoodie with black leggings .

Her lovely fragrance greeted me instead, leaving me enchanted and silent, my attempts at conversation once again thwarted .

I was taken aback, astonished to see her wearing hoodie, a first-time occurrence, and I was struck by her appearance in this outfit .

She had descended into my heart like a gentle rain, her hair flowing freely like a waterfall, cascading down her back, with a few strands framing her face. She looked incredibly beautiful and fresh, her charm captivating me .

It was the first time she appeared before me without a dupatta, and in such a comfortable outfit, making me feel delighted that she's feeling at ease with me .

I was lost in admiring her when Alaya asked, " KHAN ! Did you make these pastries ? " Her face lit up with a joyful smile as she gazed at the treats, her eyes sparkling with delight .

As she said "Khan", a gentle smile spread across my face, and my heart felt a soothing comfort, as if a cool breeze had caressed it. I replied, " Yes , Khan's Khanum i made these pastries, specially for you . "