Chapter 41

Scoups feels relief washing over him when he looks into Kyle's eyes. His celmate always gives him a feeling of being home, Scoups just feels safe with him. Kyle seems to be happy too and luckily, his bruises are fading away. 
"So what have you been up to?" Kyle asks and the curiousness in his eyes makes Scoups excited.
"Well, I have bought a new car", Scoups says proud and Kyle's eyes sparkle in joy. Scoups only bought the vehicle this morning on his way to jail, so he gets it tomorrow. But Kyle is the first one to know and it seems like he realizes that.
"I can come pick you up when you're finally a free man", Scoups adds and Kyle seems like he's going to explode from joy.
"Really? You remembered?" he asks all excited and Scoups can't believe Kyle doubted him.
"Of course I have, how can I forget our promise?" Scoups responds and Kyle's eyes tear up. 
"If I could hug you I would", he whispers and Scoups smiles thankful. 
"I have something else I want to tell you," Scoups continues, "we will rob the Park family." Scoups watches amused as Kyle's eyes widen and he gasps surprised.
"You're kidding!" he yells. "When?"
"On Christmas day", Scoups adds and Kyle's surprise gets even bigger.
"You badass motherfuckers", Kyle states with a smirk and Scoups can't hold back a proud chuckle.
"Let me guess," Kyle continues, "Joshua came up with this plan?" Scoups blinks surprised hearing that name, but he nods confirming.
"I knew it! He's so cool. Can you introduce me to him when I'm free?" he asks hopeful and Scoups' heart breaks inside knowing that will never happen.
"Uhm, Joshua... Joshua's dead", Scoups mumbles and Kyle gasps in shock.
"Oh shit, I'm so sorry", Kyle apologizes, but Scoups shakes his head telling him it's okay.
"How did it happen?" Kyle asks careful and Scoups can't deny it anymore. Before he knows it, he tells Kyle the whole story, about Woojin being a member of Stray kids, how he probably killed Joshua. When Scoups is done, Kyle's jaw almost hits the floor. His celmate is truly shocked.
"Buddy, how are you still alive?" The nickname gives Scoups nasty flashbacks, but he pushes them away. This is Kyle, not Chan.
"I... I don't know", Scoups admits and Kyle looks at him in pity. He wants to say something, but an officer suddenly interrupts them.
"It's time for you to end the conversation, time's up", she states and Kyle sighs deeply. 
"Can I have a minute to say goodbye?" he begs, but the officer shakes her head.
"I'm sorry, I have to follow protocol. You have to go now", she answers, but Scoups feels like she does feel sorry for him. Scoups hopes that this kind officer will look after Kyle.
"Well, looks like our paths part again", Kyle states like he's a wise man.
"Yep, but we'll see each other soon", Scoups promises him, while his celmate gets up from his seat.
"And don't forget...", Kyle says with his finger pointed at his friend.
"My only reason not to come pick you up when your free is when I'm dead. Yeah, I know", Scoups finishes his sentence and Kyle smiles happily before he walks away with the officer. Scoups wishes he comes out the robbery alive, he really can't let Kyle down.

~<*>~

Wonwoo rolls his eyes while Mingyu is staring at him again. His arms are crossed and he is clearly not going to leave until Wonwoo speaks up. 
"Come on, why won't you just say something?" Mingyu asks frustrated while Wonwoo looks at the floor.
"Because there is nothing to say", he answers dryly, which causes Mingyu to shake his head dissapointed. He's acting like an annoying parent. 
"Wonwoo, you're hiding something from me. I can feel it and you look miserable!" Mingyu exclaims and Wonwoo looks up at him to give him a death stare.
"Thanks a lot", he mumbles before he looks away again.
"I don't mean it like that, I just... I'm worried about you", Mingyu mumbles and Wonwoo's eyes soften. Of course he knew that already, but he doesn't need all the worry. 
"There's nothing to be worried about", Wonwoo assures his roommate. 
"Fine", Mingyu says, but Wonwoo still hears some anger in his voice. But before he can say anything, Mingyu already walks off to his room and slams the door behind him. Wonwoo leans against the counter and sighs deeply. He wishes this will all be over soon, then he won't be a burden anymore.