Chapter 17: The Damsel In Distress Part-2

(At Kiri borders.)

(The Kiri squad under Mei returns and report to her.)

Older Ninja: "Captain! We found the Kaguya clan members fleeing away from the village. When we approached them, a strange seal appeared near their neck and all of them died instantly."

(The Older Ninja reports the entire detail to Mei.)

(Mei frowns and ponders.)

Mei [in mind]: 'Who could have done it? I can't make any sense out of this situation. Kaguya clan attacked Kirigakure and almost all of them died.'

Mei: "We will leave this matter to Anbu. Line all of their body near the camp. Later, the Anbu members will take care of them."

(Mei orders them.)

(The Kiri members lines up the corpses of the Kaguya clan.)

(and their fallen comrades near the patrol camp.)

Mei: "It's time to return and report the matters to the village."

(Mei and the rest of the squad prepare for their return journey.)

(While traveling through the forest, Mei inspects her squad as she ponders.)

Mei [in mind]: 'We lost forty-five shinobis in this fight. The losses are quite huge. Father is politically suppressed by the higher-ups of the village, and now they provided us with false intel. Looks like, the noble clans want to deal with us. We have become a threat to their rule.'

(Mei raises her guard as they move on.)

Mei [in mind]: 'I won't be surprised if someone tries to assassinate me now.!'

(Swish... swish...)

(Many kunai and shuriken target Mei.)

(Clang... clang...)

(Mei skillfully deflects all of them and stare at her attacker.)

(The rest of her squad immediately gets into formation to combat the attackers.)

(There are around 10 ninjas draped in complete black and blue outfits surrounding them.)

(All of them wear a mask with thin slitted eye-hole.)

(and a wavy design in place of mouth with the Kiri symbol engraved on top.)

(The group frowns, and one of the ninja questions.)
______________________________________

First ninja: "What's the meaning of this? We are returning from war. The village lost forty- five shinobis in the war. This matter needed to be reported urgently."

Another ninja: "Why is the hunter-nin squad of Anbu after us? We just fulfilled our mission."

(Another ninja questions them.)

older ninja: "Don't bother with them. They aren't after us... they are after Captain."

(The older ninja clarifies the situation to them.)

older ninja: "The village and its politics are quite complicated. Sigh..."

(He sighs.)

Another ninja: "But... but... we can't allow them to kill Captain. Captain should be rewarded for her meritorious efforts, but instead, the village has given the death penalty to her. No... we won't allow this. We will fight alongside her and protect her."

(All of them take out their kunais and shurikens from the holster.)

(and get ready to fight against the squad of Mei.)

(Mei looks at her and a mixed feeling of grief, sorrow, remorse, and elation overwhelmed her.)

Mei [in mind]: 'These people are ready to put their life on the line for me. They are my team. I won't allow them to die a meaningless death. I will stall their attention to make a window of opportunity for them to escape and inform the matters to Father.'

(Mei turns towards her team and whispers to them using hand signs and codes.)

Mei: "I will stall them while you escape. Report the situation to Fuji Terumi."

(Mei turns around and blocks another kunai from the missing-nin anbu squad.)

older ninja: "No, captain! We can't allow this. You must escape first while we stall for time."

(The older ninja denies her request.)

(The Missing-nin anbu squad leader stares at them and smirks.)

Missing-nin anbu squad leader: "None of you will leave alive from here. This forest will be your graveyard and the entire blame will fall on the Kaguya clan."

(He signals other missing-nin anbus.)

(The anbus make some hand signs and slam their hands on the ground.)

anbus: 'Co-operation Ninjutsu: Water Release: Great Water Prison'

(They create a large dome of water around the area.)

(The water dome covers most of the surrounding forest and blocks their route of escape.)

Missing-nin anbu squad leader: "Now attack and finish them off. Don't leave any trace of Anbu."

(The Anbu members float inside the water prison as they surround Mei and her squad.)

[To be continued...]
______________________________________

Author Note: stay tuned for next chapter.

Please support me with your votes and comment!

Love from odisha ❤️