Chapter 59: The Ruin Exploration

(Inside Terumi Mansion.)

(Elder Genji holds a report in his hand as he skims through it.)

Elder Genji: "Sigh..."

Elder Genji: "Finally... the civil war is over. The era of blood Mist is over."

(He throws the scroll on the table.)

Fuji: "What about the Fourth Mizukage? How should we deal with him?"

(Fuji questions him.)

Elder Genji: "About that..."

(Elder Genji rubs his forehead in contemplation.)

Elder Genji: "Maybe we should ask for Izuna Uchiha's help after he returns from his trip."

Elder Genji: "Sigh..."

(He sighs and signals to Ao.)

Elder Genji: "Ao... the remaining elders of the High- Class faction may cause some trouble for us. You know what to do... right?"

Ao: "Yes... Genji-sama."

(Ao bows his head and flickers out from the room.)

Fuji: "Is it a good idea to deal with them in such a way?"

(Fuji questions Elder Genji.)

Elder Genji: "The times have changed. Kiri is not the same as it used to be... the power of Kiri has deteriorated drastically after losing so many powerful clans. Those fools must pay for their crimes... it needs drastic actions to make Kiri great again."

(Elder Genji clutches his staff tightly.)

Fuji: "Sigh..."

(Fuji sighs and closes his eyes in contemplation.)

Fuji: "Elder Genji!... what are your thoughts on the proposal of Izuna Uchiha? Should we ally with the Konohagakure?"

Elder Genji: "Hmm..."

(Elder Genji ponders for a while.)

Elder Genji: "Kiri still require time to wash its infamy as the 'Bloody Mist'. The actions of the Fourth Mizukage has stained the reputation of Kiri. The economy of the village is in shambles. There aren't many missions available in the village."

(Elder Genji slowly stands up and walks towards the window as he gazes down on the village.)

Elder Genji: "I think it would be great for Kiri if we ally with Konoha... but the terms must be beneficial for Kiri."

Fuji: "Sigh..."

(Fuji sighs and walks beside Elder Genji.)

Fuji: "Elder Genji... I can't lead the Terumi clan any longer. I would like to pass this position to Mei. I want her to lead the village."

(Fuji shakes his head.)

Fuji: "That girl... she just ran off with that Izuna Uchiha. I wonder what guy is up to?"

(He turns towards Elder Genji for answers.)

Elder Genji: "Izuna Uchiha was interested in the origins of the Seven Swords of the Mist. I saw no harm in telling him the origin of those swords, as we have already excavated the ruins. If it helps in improving our relationship with a powerful Ninja like him... then why not?"

(Elder Genji chuckles slightly as he assures Fuji.)
______________________________________

(Somewhere in the middle of the Mist Sea.)

giant eagle: Scree...

(A giant eagle is soaring through the sky as the sea is covered in mist.)

(Izuna and Mei are seated on the back of the eagle as they look towards the sea.)