Chapter 57: Itachi Shinden: An Explosive Problem Part-2

???: "Oh... brat, you have learnt how to negotiate?"

(A man with spiky, light brown hairs and prominent jawline is resting against a boulder as he stares at Deidara.)

Deidara: "Shut up... bastard... I will blow that grin from your face."

(Deidara snorts at the person.)

???: "Oh!... then care to try. I am curious to see you try."

(Crackle... crackle...)

(He cracks his knuckles and walks towards Deidara.)

Deidara: "Forget it... I have no interest in your explosions."

(Deidara ignores him and walks away.)

(Bonk...)

(The person grabs Deidara's head and question.)

???: "So... this is how you treat your Captain."

Deidara: "Humph..."

(Deidara snorts and escapes from his grasp.)

Deidara: "Gari... you were a former member of the Explosive Corps. Now both of us are Rogue shinobi... so you are no longer the Captain."

(Deidara opens the map and looks at the location.)

(He tosses the scroll to Gari.)

Deidara: "This is our target. My art shall shine once again."

(Gari grabs the scroll and looks at the map.)

Gari: "Sakanagakure... so this is our new target. This village is close to our current location."

(Gari rolls up the scroll and follows Deidara.)
______________________________________

Itachi: "We are here."

(Itachi and Izumi reach the island.)

Itachi: "Let's meet up with the village chief... he was the one who asked for help."

Izumi: "Let's go..."

(Both of them flicker towards the Sakanagakure village.)

(A few moments later, the village appears in their vision.)

Ninja guards: "Halt... outsiders aren't allowed in the village. State your purpose."

(A group of Ninja guards with a fish symbol on their headband stops them.)

Itachi: "We are from Konoha... your village leader asked for our help."

(Itachi passes the scroll to the guards.)

The guards: "Hmm..."

(The guards recognize the scroll and allow them entry in the village.)

(Itachi and Izumi walk through the streets of the Sakanagakure as Itachi scrutinizes the villagers.)

Itachi [in mind]: 'Hmm... seems like there is not much liveliness within the village. The imminent threat of an attack has almost halted their lives. In terms of security... the five hidden villages are a haven for civilians.'

(Itachi shakes his head as memories of the Uchiha Incident floods in his mind.)

Itachi [in mind]: 'The hidden villages have their problems and power struggles.'

Izumi: "Neh... Neh... Itachi, what do you think of this necklace? Does this suit me?"

(Izumi tugs Itachi's sleeve as she showcases a beautiful necklace to him.)

Itachi: "It is very good... I think it suits you."

(Itachi nods his head.)

Izumi: "You think so too..."