Chapter 20: The First Encounter

(A few moments earlier.)

(Izuna changes Kimimaro's appearance.)

(by using the art of disguise he learned in Anbu.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'This disguise art is still handy, but Kiri anbus will be able to identify it quite easily. So, I need to weak it a little to make it more natural. If my memory serves me right... then there must be something in my storage scroll which could help me.'

(Izuna starts to search through his storage scroll.)

(and finally fish out a beautiful small box.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'Found it!'

(He takes the small box and opens it to reveal a make-up kit.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'This make-up kit was my present for Kushina Nee-san... sigh... I was unable to give it to her.!'

(Izuna sighs and reminisces about his memories with Kushina and Minato.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'Soon... I will heal both of you, soon. Once I master the Six Paths Sage Art... I will heal both of you with the Yang Sage energy.'

(He clenches his fist tightly.)

(Kimimaro silently stares at Izuna's face.)

Kimimaro [in mind]: 'Messenger-san seems to be worried about something. I hope all of his problems are solved.

(Izuna shakes his head and pats Kimimaro's head.)

Izuna: "Ok! Let me apply this make-up on your face to hide your markings. I will use some seals to change your chakra signature, and this make-up will hide your brows. Transformation techniques aren't suitable for the infiltration task, as in some situations when you lose concentration they might dispel."

(Izuna applies make-up to Kimimaro and himself.)

Izuna: "Good... we are ready to go!"

(Both of them walk towards the Kiri borders.)

(They easily cross the border and enter the forest.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'I will infiltrate the Kiri village as a traveling merchant. I just want to learn some new Kekkei Genkai and hone my nature transformations skills. I don't care about the politics and power struggle of Kiri. On the off-hand, it will be my source of entertainment.'

(Izuna makes plans for his Kiri infiltration as he trod in the forest.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'I will visit Land of Demons after Kiri. Just what kind of demons are present in it to get such a name?'
______________________________________

(BOOM... BOOM...)

(Multiple sounds of explosion interrupt his thoughts.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'The war with the Kaguya clan members is over with all the Kaguya clan members dying in the process. Kimimaro narrated the entire incident to me... So... what's going on now?'

(The sound of battle piques Izuna's interest.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'I will take a sneak peek at the battle.'

(Izuna makes some hand signs.)

Izuna: 'Light Style: Camouflage Cloak'

(He cloaks Kimimaro and himself into a light illusion as they walk in the direction of the battle.)

(Boom... boom...)

(Izuna notices a giant dome of water covering a large part of the forest.)

Izuna: "Huh..."