Chapter 43: The Civil War of Kiri Part-4

(Inside the Kiri village....)

(The information of the wipeout of the Doku clan.)

(spreads like a wildfire across the village.)

(Various rumors and hoaxes spread among various civilians.)

(Many civilian shinobi starts to have second thoughts about the village.)

the civilian: "We don't want to get embroiled in this power struggle of shinobi clans. It is better to leave this bloody village as soon as possible."

(One of the civilian shinobi talks with his friend.)

His friend: "Yes... I have similar thoughts... I don't want to die an untimely death. We civilians have no backing, and the higher-ups will order us to do their bidding during this war. I became a shinobi to feed my family... not to get tossed around by the whims of those higher-ups. Who knows... when will they send me on a suicide mission?"

(His friend nods to him.)

(Similar conversation occurs throughout.)

(the village as many shinobi plans to desert the village.)

(Mei and the group walk through the village.)

(as she listens to one such conversation.)

(Mei frowns, and an ugly expression appears on her face.)

Mei: "If only the Fourth Mizukage could handle this matter more efficiently... then such a situation wouldn't have happened in the village. He is still yet to address the massacre of the Doku clan... when apparent involvement of Noble clan is visible."

Izuna [in mind]: 'Hmm... Yagura is under Obito's control... and I have some doubts regarding this Akifumi of the Noble faction. I must check on him.'

(Zengetsu tightly clutches his sword.)

Zengetsu: "Looks like... I will soon get the opportunity to fight him. That sword style... it was his... there is no mistake in it."

(Izuna raises his head and looks at Harusame.)

Izuna [in mind]: 'He hasn't talked a single word since the meeting. I am sure he is upset about Utakata becoming a jinchuruki. I am not sure of his backstory... and I have no interest either.'
______________________________________

Mei: "Time to put our plan in action."

(Mei signals them.)

(The group walks towards the outskirts of Kiri.)

(and arrives in a dilapidated slum area.)

(The area reeks of blood, piss, and poverty.)

(Izuna frowns and turns towards Mei.)

Izuna: "Do you think it will work?... your idea to negotiate with the lower caste of Kiri. Most of them hate Kiri to their core... and if they are provided with an opportunity to slaughter... then they won't hesitate to do so."

Mei: "Shh..."

(Mei places a finger on his mouth as she lowers her voice and whispers to him.)

Mei: "Exactly... these groups of people are enemies of Kirigakure... or to be exact... they are enemies of the higher caste. The Noble faction has abused them since the era of the First Mizukage... and over time their hatred turned into a deep-seated grudge."

(Mei smiles at him as she remarks.)

Izuna: "You mean to say that... you will use the people of lower caste to fight against the Noble faction."