Chapter 25: The Assassination Plan Part-3

(Fuji's frowns deepen as he raises his voice.)

Fuji: "I won't turn my daughter into a pawn. And besides... we had yet to test his capabilities. What if... he is just talk... with no actual strength. I don't want to marry my beloved daughter to a random weakling."

Elder Genji: "Sigh..."

(Elder Genji sighs and continues.)

Elder Genji: "Political warfare isn't won through emotions. It is won through wits. The noble clans are clearly making a move against you. They are already aware of their failed attempt and I am sure this won't be their first attempt..."

(Fuji calms down as he listens to Elder Genji and ponders.)

Elder Genji: "...your daughter is your successor. If anything happens to her... then our faction will lose its future. So, I want to make sure there is a strong bodyguard beside her."

Fuji: "That seems plausible."

(Fuji nods his head in agreement.)

Elder Genji: "... as for his capabilities. We will let that matter to Noble clans to handle."

(Fuji frowns as he thinks for a while.)

Fuji: "Elder Genji... you mean to say that the noble clans will be pissed by this new variable and they will try to eliminate him."
______________________________________

(Elder Genji nods his head.)

Elder Genji: "Correct... I am sure they don't want any powerful ally to join you. Also... the next village meeting for new elders is around the corner. I am sure they will try every means to usurp your seat."

(Fuji thinks for a while before he nods his head.)

(He summons Mei over and sends her to Izuna's place.)

(Inside a large mansion.)

(Bam...)

(Akifumi slams his hand on a table as he listens to the report.)

(He quickly dismisses the Anbu and made sure he was alone in the room.)

Akifumi: "Madara-sama must be disappointed by me. I failed to fulfill his objective."

(Akifumi clenches his fists as veins pop out from his head.)

Akifumi: "Ten elite Anbu members. I lost ten of my most elite Anbus in that fight with no success."

(Bam...)

(He slams his fist on the table and destroys it.)

Akifumi: "The perpetrator must pay for his insolence. He dared to interfere with Madara-Sama's order."

(Akifumi angrily stares at a drawing of Izuna as Yuito.)

(He picks up the drawing and turns it into ashes.)

Akifumi: "Men!"

(Akifumi yells in anger.)

(A few anbus immediately enters the room.)

[To be continued...]
______________________________________

Author Note: stay tuned for next chapter.

Please support me with your votes and comment!

Love from odisha ❤️