V2 - Chapter 12: The Meeting & The End of Karuizawa

"—and so, KALP is now predicting the stock market with a 90.43% accuracy," Kanzaki said.

"Now that is very impressive!" Koenji said with an excited smile.

"Indeed."

Naoe pretended to act excited at the news, not being caught by anyone. KALP is quickly becoming a dangerous asset for the boss. Its growth rate has been exponential. Only a year ago it was struggling to solve simple algebraic equations. And now it's predicting the entire stock market with an accuracy that puts almost all professionals to shame. The boss really was becoming more dangerous.

"That's it for the progress report on KALP, Mr. Koenji, you may proceed," Kanzaki said and sat into his seat.

Koenji stood up and went behind the podium. A quiet click was heard and the screen changed to the next slide labeled 17 in the bottom left corner in a small print. The slide displayed some of his conglomerate's data.

"Currently profits continue to rise steadily. We had a slight spike a week ago with the new predictions from KALP. Other than that everything is proceeding as predicted."

"Excellent news," Naoe said, taking a sip of water.

"How about your end of the bargain?" Kijima asked.

"Ah yes, we are waiting for the final implementation for this month."

"Sounds like it is all good then."

"Quite so."

A knock resounded on the door and Koenji said "you may enter."

Through the door entered a black haired high school girl. Her black eyes seemed to suck the soul in. She leapt onto the desk in the back and smiled at the room for a moment.

 She leapt onto the desk in the back and smiled at the room for a moment

The men all looked toward Koenji, expecting him to continue speaking. A minute of silence followed as the men glanced between the girl and Koenji.

"Could you continue? It looks like it's just an observation, and you know she doesn't like talking a lot." Kanzaki said, his voice barely audible.

"What brings you here today?" Koenji asked, a cold sweat drop forming on his forehead.

This caused all the men sitting at the main table to look surprised.

"I'm just here to observe, carry on," she said, bored.

Naoe grabbed his glass of water and took a shaky gulp. Kanzaki simply stared straight at Koenji, hiding his face from the girl. Kijima pretended not to see the girl, and Koenji continued explaining the conglomerate's success.

The room's tension seemed to only grow as she simply sat in the back of the room, smiling for some inexplicable reason. Koenji displayed a smile on his face that looked slightly forced. The presentation continued as it stayed on the same slide. Once Koenji finished the information on the slide, he pulled out some notecards and talked about the things on them. He continued with the data not on the slide by using notecards. The cold sweat drop fell onto one of the cards.