29.Celebrations

The cars pulled into the Goenka driveway as the family returned from their delightful picnic by the river. The sun had set, and the house was aglow with welcoming lights. As the Goenkas and Birlas unpacked their belongings, laughter and conversation filled the air, carrying the joy of the day into the evening.

Manish Goenka, standing by the entrance with a warm smile, turned to Harshvardhan Birla. "Harshvardhan, Manjiri, why don't you and the whole family stay with us for a few days? It's been so long since we've all spent quality time together, and there's plenty of room. We’d love to have you.”

Harshvardhan exchanged a glance with Manjiri, who nodded enthusiastically. “That sounds wonderful, Manish. We’d be delighted to stay.”

The decision was met with cheers from the younger members of both families. Neil, Aarohi, Akshara, and Abhimanyu, along with Parth, Shefali, and Nishtha, were thrilled at the prospect of extended family time.

“Alright then, it’s settled,” Manish announced. “Make yourselves at home, everyone!”

The families settled in, the house buzzing with activity as rooms were assigned and everyone got comfortable. The sense of unity and love was palpable, creating a comforting ambiance.

---

The next morning, Akshara woke early, feeling an unusual mix of excitement and nervousness. She had been feeling different for a few days now and decided it was time to take a pregnancy test. As the result turned positive, her heart leapt with joy and anticipation.

Trying to contain her excitement, she hurried to find Abhimanyu, who was in the kitchen making coffee. He looked up and smiled as she entered, but his expression changed to one of curiosity when he saw the look on her face.

“Abhi,” Akshara began, her voice trembling with emotion. “I have some news.”

Abhimanyu put down the coffee pot and walked over to her, his concern turning to curiosity. “What is it, Akshu?”

She took a deep breath, holding out the positive test. “We’re going to have a baby.”

For a moment, Abhimanyu was silent, his eyes widening as he processed the news. Then, a wide grin spread across his face, and he pulled Akshara into a tight embrace.

“Akshu, this is incredible! We’re going to be parents!” he exclaimed, his voice filled with joy.

Tears of happiness filled Akshara’s eyes as she held him close. “I know. I can’t believe it either.”

They stood there for a few moments, lost in the joy of the news, before deciding to share it with the rest of the family. The house was starting to wake up, and the kitchen was the perfect place for everyone to gather.

---

Abhimanyu and Akshara gathered the families in the kitchen. Manjiri, Harshvardhan, Manish, Swarna, Suhasini, AG, Parth, Shefali, Nishtha, Neil, and Aarohi all looked curious as they sensed the excitement radiating from the couple.

Akshara took a deep breath and stepped forward. “Everyone, we have some news to share. Abhi and I are going to have a baby.”

The room fell silent for a moment as everyone absorbed the news. Then, a collective cheer erupted, and the room was filled with hugs, congratulations, and happy tears.

Manjiri was the first to reach them, enveloping Akshara in a tight hug. “Oh, Akshu, this is wonderful news! I’m so happy for you both.”

Harshvardhan, usually reserved, was beaming with pride. “Congratulations, you two. This is truly a blessing.”

Manish and Swarna were next, their faces glowing with happiness. “We’re so thrilled for you,” Swarna said, her eyes shining with unshed tears. “A new member of the family is always a reason to celebrate.”

Suhasini, or Mimi as the grandchildren called her, was overjoyed. “This is the best news we could have hoped for. We’re going to have a new little one to spoil!”

Parth, Shefali, and Nishtha were equally excited, already planning how they would help and be there for Akshara and Abhimanyu during this new chapter of their lives.

Neil and Aarohi stood back, watching the scene unfold with warmth in their hearts. Neil turned to Aarohi, a soft smile on his face. “Looks like there’s more reason to celebrate now.”

Aarohi nodded, feeling a sense of completeness. “Yes, there is. I’m so happy for Akshara and Abhi.”

The excitement continued throughout breakfast, with everyone discussing plans for the baby and offering support to Akshara and Abhimanyu. The atmosphere was filled with joy and love, the perfect continuation of the happiness from the previous day’s picnic.

---

Later, as the morning sun rose higher in the sky, Neil found a moment to speak with Aarohi alone. They sat on the porch, sipping tea and watching the bustling activity of their families.

“Today feels like a new beginning,” Neil said, his eyes reflecting the morning light. “Not just for Akshara and Abhi, but for all of us. It’s like a fresh start.”

Aarohi nodded, a thoughtful expression on her face. “It does. Everything feels so much lighter and brighter. I think we all needed this—a reminder of the good things in life.”

Neil smiled, feeling a warmth in his chest as he looked at Aarohi. “I’m glad we’re all here together, supporting each other. And I’m especially glad to be here with you.”

Aarohi’s heart skipped a beat at his words, a soft blush coloring her cheeks. “I’m glad too, Neil. More than I can say.”

They shared a quiet moment, the unspoken bond between them growing stronger with each passing day. Neither of them realized it yet, but the seeds of something deeper were beginning to take root in their hearts.

---

Inside the house, the celebration continued with laughter, planning, and the shared joy of impending parenthood. Akshara and Abhimanyu were the center of attention, but the love and support radiated out to everyone present, binding the families closer together.

Manjiri and Harshvardhan, enjoying the company and the joy of their family’s expansion, felt grateful for the invitation to stay with the Goenkas. It was a time of healing, bonding, and looking forward to the future with hope and happiness.

As the day progressed, the house was filled with the sounds of family—children’s laughter, adults’ conversations, and the occasional playful banter. It was a day of celebration, not just for the news of the baby but for the strength of their bonds and the promise of a brighter future.

In the midst of it all, Neil and Aarohi found themselves drawn closer, their interactions tinged with a new, unspoken tenderness. They were slowly falling for each other, even if they hadn’t fully realized it yet. And as they navigated this new chapter of their lives, they knew they would face it together, surrounded by the love and support of their family.

_
Today's chapter was an Akshu-Abhi centric chapter but something exciting coming up in the next chapter. I'm going to write and publish that when I get enough support(30 votes and 10 comments at least please). Do understand us; comment and vote, that motivates us to write.