32.Such a chamgadar

Aarohi woke up to the rare pleasure of a day off, the sun streaming through her bedroom window. She stretched leisurely, feeling a lightness in her chest that had been absent for a while. It was the perfect day to unwind and do something she enjoyed.

After a quick breakfast, she picked up her phone and dialed Neil's number. He answered on the second ring, his voice bright and cheerful.

"Good Morning, Chipkali! What's up?"

"Good Morning, Neil. I have the day off, and I was thinking of going shopping. Want to join me?"

Neil laughed softly. "Sure, Aarohi. Main ek ghante main taiyaar hoke niche milunga."

"Perfect. See you then."

---

An hour later, Aarohi arrived at the parking. They greeted each other with warm smiles and set off to one of Kolkata's bustling shopping districts. The streets were alive with activity, and the energy was infectious.

They started at a large department store, browsing through the racks of clothes and chatting about everything and nothing. Aarohi picked out a few items to try on, and Neil offered his opinions with a playful grin.

As they moved to the children's section to look for gifts for Aarohi's young patients, they encountered a scene that soured their mood. A little boy, no more than five years old, was throwing a tantrum. His parents, however, seemed completely indifferent, absorbed in their phones and ignoring their son's cries.

Neil's expression darkened as he watched the scene unfold. The boy's wails grew louder, echoing through the store, while his parents remained oblivious.

"Why don't they just pay attention to him?" Aarohi muttered, feeling a pang of sympathy for the child.

Neil, clearly more agitated, leaned closer to Aarohi and whispered, "Why don't they part for a few minutes and use the bloody condom?"

Aarohi's eyes widened in shock, her cheeks turning a deep shade of red. Neil immediately realized what he had said and looked horrified.

She hit him on his arm and said with her wide eyes "Such a chamgadar you are..."

Chamgadar will be a chamgadar.

"Chipkali, I... I didn't mean to say that out loud," he stammered, his face flushing with embarrassment.

Aarohi managed a nervous laugh, trying to ease the tension. "It's okay, Chamgadar. I get it. But maybe keep those thoughts to yourself next time?"

Neil nodded vigorously, his embarrassment palpable. "Yeah, definitely. I'm really sorry."

They quickly finished their shopping, hoping no one else had heard Neil's outburst. As they paid the bills and left the store, the incident lingered awkwardly between them. The ride home was quiet, each lost in their thoughts.

---

Back at Aarohi's flat, Neil helped her carry the bags inside. He stood in the doorway, looking uncomfortable.

"Aarohi, I really am sorry for what I said back there," he began, his voice sincere. "I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable."

Aarohi smiled gently, stepping closer to him. "Chamgadar, it's fine. Mujhe pata hai you didn't mean it. It was just... unexpected."

Neil sighed in relief. "Samajhne ke liye Thank you. I'll definitely think before I speak next time."

"Good plan," Aarohi replied with a grin. "Now, let's get these bags unpacked."

They spent the next hour organizing Aarohi's new purchases, the tension gradually easing as they fell into their usual rhythm. As they finished, Aarohi felt a sense of gratitude for Neil's presence in her life. Despite the occasional awkward moment, he was always there for her.

---

The rest of the day passed in a pleasant blur. They watched a movie, cooked a simple dinner together, and talked about everything from their favorite books to their dreams for the future. By evening, the earlier embarrassment was a distant memory, replaced by the comfort of their easy companionship.

As Neil prepared to leave, Aarohi walked him to the door. He turned to her, a serious look in his eyes.

"Chipkali, thank you for today. Even with the awkward moment, I had a great time."

"Me too, Neil," Aarohi replied warmly. "And don't worry about earlier. It was just a slip."

Neil smiled, relief and affection in his eyes. "You're the best, Chipkali. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

As she closed the door behind him, Aarohi felt a wave of contentment wash over her. The day had been filled with small moments of joy, reminding her of the simple pleasures of life. She knew that with Neil by her side, she could face whatever challenges came her way.

---

The next morning, Aarohi woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day. She made herself a cup of coffee and sat by the window, watching the city come to life. Her thoughts drifted back to the previous day and Neil's embarrassed apology.

She couldn't help but smile. Despite the awkwardness, it was moments like these that made her appreciate Neil even more. He was genuine, caring, and always managed to bring a smile to her face, even in the most unexpected situations.

As she sipped her coffee, Aarohi felt a sense of optimism. The road ahead might be uncertain, but she knew she had the support of a wonderful friend. And for now, that was more than enough.

                   ***************
A little bit small chapter but hope you guys liked it. Do vote and comment.