Chapter 29 - Sirenenschlacht

Wilhelm stood up resolutely with a shining smile on his face.

"Your majesty, may I present: Kaiser Wilhelm von Siegmarinen, first of his name. Kaiser of the German Empire, King of Prussia, supreme commander of the armed forces, and champion of the people." Serina introduced.

"Your majesty, please just call me Wilhelm. I hardly use any of my titles, and you don't need any 'von' either." Wilhelm said bashfully.

"My Kaiser, I have the pleasure of introducing King Heterex of the Mer Kingdom." Admiral Hipper introduced, Hipper had gotten to know the King better. The king was quite eager to meet the Kaiser as his regime did not discriminate against races. The king noticed this element with the crew complement of the Tirpitz. It had eased his watery heart to know other-worlders had found refuge in Wilhelm's empire and had thought, maybe the Merpeople would be included too.

"It is an honour to finally meet you, your majesty." Heterex said warmly and bowed. "May I introduce my son: Kai, and my daughter: Marina." Both of Heterx's children bowed, and Wilhelm expressed his pleasure for meeting them.

"So, your majesty, what can the German Empire do for you?" Wilhelm asked.

"Sir, King Heterex wants the Empire's help against the Siren Empery." Admiral Hipper stated, Wilhelm looked a little confused. He did not realise the difference between Sirens and Merpeople.

"Your majesty. For as long as time can remember, people on the continent have been mistaking Sirens for Merpeople." Heterex explained. "The Sirens were once Merpeople: peaceful and kind people. But they rebelled, and today, they are still a seperatist state below the waves. They are the ones who attack international shipping, while we Merpeople kept to ourselves after the war."

"Recently, your majesty, the Sirens have been attacking our kingdom. Destroying our villages, murdering our people, and raping our women. I have reason to believe that the Persians are financing their war effort. If we don't stop this now, they will take control of the Hedurian Peninsula. Driving us Merfolk away from our homeland, leaving the Sirens to disrupt German shipping." Kai told Wilhlem.

"This is serious, Persia is being really aggressive. My diplomats have tried to reason with them, but Darrian has never listened to diplomacy." Wilhelm remarked. "What would you have us do, King Heterex?"

"Your navy could be used as a diversion to allow us Merpeople to seize control of the Siren capital. We could then capture their Empress and force the Sirens to dissolve. " Heterex asked.

"Would the Sirens really dissolve like that? The Empress would only be one person, after all?" Wilhelm tagged.

"The Empress has made a personality cult surrounding her. Capture the Empress, and you expose her weakness. The siren's confidence will vanish, and they will scatter." Heterex assured.

"Will you help us, your majesty?" Marina asked desperately.

"Of course we will help you. Karla, which ships have depthcharges onboard?" Wilhelm asked.

"All ships except the Bismarck, sir." Karla reported.

"I see. Admiral Hipper," the admiral clicked his heels to attention. "I am putting you in charge of this operation. Go to the Siren capital and drop depth charges on their position."

"Then we will deal with the sirens that will board our ships while the Merpeople attack and aprehend the Empress." Karla finished.

"Indeed, is this feasable admiral?" Wilhelm asked.

"Jawohl!" Hipper exclaimed.

"Very good, me and Karla will head back to Wilhelmshaven on the Bismarck. Good luck, Admiral." Wilhelm and Karla saluted, and Hipper returned to the Tirpitz along with the Captain, the Merpeople, and the Commander. When the Bismarck left, Hipper ordered the squadron to assume a cruising formation. The Strauss took position in front of the Tirpitz, with two destroyers flanking either side. The squadron sailed around the Hedurian peninsula and into the Halcian sea. The Halcian Sea was the most busy sea for the continent. Major shipping traffic came in and out of this body of water. So many countries and ports were located around there, including: Malmond, Kosher, Visea, and Persia.