Chapter 6: Blackhat

SCENE: DOCTORS LOUNGE

(Alex and Amber sit on the couch listening to Jo rehearse her Chief Resident speech)

Jo: (In front of the mirror) I am your Chief Resident. What does that mean? It means that I am your chief. Your boss, your commander, your overlord, your queen. It means when I speak, you listen! And when you make mistakes, it reflects on me. So, no mistakes!

(Jo turns around to Alex and Amber on the couch)

Jo: Was it good? Was it scary?

Alex: (Eating a burrito) Very. Very scary.

Amber: Super scary.

Jo: Really?

Alex and Amber: No

Jo: What? Didn't I sound like Bailey? I was trying to sound like Bailey!

Alex: (Chuckles) Oh no.

(Thumping from the next room)

Alex: What's that?

Jo: (Sighs) DeLuca and that intern.

Alex: Again?

Amber: (Groans in disgust)

Jo: Every day. It's like some kind of addiction.

Amber: Remind me not to use that room. (Checks her phone) Rounds are about to start I better go. (Gets up) Keep working on that speech and you might just achieve minimal terror. (Jo smiles sarcastically) See ya.

Alex: See ya.

(Amber leaves the room)

Jo: Things are good with you and Amber?

Alex: I mean we're not the Brady bunch but yeah, it's gotten to the point that she can tolerate my presence without sneering.

Jo: That's good, I'm glad you guys are getting along. (Gets up) I gotta go, wish me luck! (Jo kisses Alex)

SCENE: LOCKER ROOM

(Amber and the other interns get ready to meet their new Chief Resident)

Taryn: What do we know about Dr. Wilson? I mean is she nice? Is she mean? Will she assign us rectal exams?

Vik: Amber would know, since Wilson's dating her brother. I bet you must feel lucky having the chief resident date your brother, get to scrub in on a lot of surgeries.

Amber: (Glares) Unlike some I don't need special treatment to get through life, so once you've held a dollar that isn't your parents then you can come talk to me Richie Rich.

(Taryn and Levi chuckle)

Vik: Whatever Barbie.

Levi: You know Dr. Wilson and I go way back and we definitely hit it off one-

Sam: (Runs inside the room) I'm here! I'm here! I'm not too late am I?

Dahlia: Nope your right on time.

Sam: Thank God, I was up all night in bed, and I just woke up.

Amber: (Sarcastically) Uh-huh. Levi was just telling us how he and Jo are besties isn't that right Glasses?

Levi: Well- I mean...not exactly friends but we did sleep together the night I came for the rotation.

(Everyone is silent in disbelief)

Amber: (Laughs so hard she holds her torso) Delusional much Schmitt? (Continues to laugh as well as Taryn)

Levi: It's the truth! Ask her she'll tell you!