Chapter 18: Comfort Food

FOUR DAYS LATER AT THE GREY SLOAN PARKING LOT

(Alex and Jo exit their car)

Jo: So, you and Shepherd are gonna talk to Noah's mom about using her son as a lab rat for a highly dangerous procedure? How exactly are you going to get her to sign?

Alex: By not putting in the words dangerous and lab rat. Look I don't like this but it's his one real shot of getting rid of this tumor and it's the first step in Kimmie having hers removed. When in the history of medicine have doctors not taken risks so that people could live. If we didn't take risks, we would all be dead of the Spanish flu or typhoid.

Jo: I hear where you're coming from, I just think you should be completely sure that this procedure will save Noah and not permanently damage him. I mean you said it yourself that the models have just started holding, and your gonna experiment it on a little boy today. Just don't be reckless, okay?

Alex: I'm not being reckless; I'm being a doctor. You know who is being reckless though? My sister who's on her third one-night stand in a row. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up on the missing tabs of milk cartons.

Jo: Give her a break, she just broke up with Maya. Think of it as...comfort food, only instead of food she's having sex.

Alex: (Groans in disgust) I think I would prefer if she actually used food. And yes, I know I was like that my intern year but she's my little sister, so I don't expect her to copy my disgusting behavior.

Jo: You know its scientifically proven that women want sex as much as guys, right? and she's smarter than you were at her age, so I think she'll be okay with all of her limbs intact. I mean woman with glasses first night seemed okay.

Alex: Tattooed neck guy was sketchy though; his Corvette was splattered with red paint like blood.

(A black ram stopped in the middle of the parking lot showing Amber in the passenger side with her date driving)

Jo: See? I told you.

Amber: Thanks for the ride.

Colin: So, I'll call you tonight?

(Colin tries to kiss Amber who tilts her head, so his lips meet her cheek instead)

Amber: Um sure.

(Amber exits the car but Colin coughs making her turn around and see her purple lace bra in his hands)

Amber: (Looks at her chest) Thanks.

(Amber grabs her bra and mockingly salutes him with it. She walks to Alex and Jo who view the spectacle)

Amber: Don't judge me.

Jo: I'm not judging.

Alex: I'm judging just not vocally. You know that Seattle has bus and train stations, so you don't have to use your booty calls as Uber's.

Amber: And now you're judging vocally. He offered me a ride, how could I say no, and I don't judge you for your many regrettable romantic decisions do I?

Alex: Fine, can you least text us when you pull into the parking lot in a stranger's car, so I don't have to watch and vomit.

Amber: Will do. I will see you both inside.

(Amber stuffs her bra in her pocket and walks away. Jo gives Alex judgement stares)

Alex: I tried.

Jo: Try harder.

CUT TO THE INTERN LOCKER ROOM

(Amber walks inside the room where Roy gives her a scandalous look)

Roy: Oh, look it lives.