[15] Summerstorm

Thunder crackled through the air, echoing like a primal roar as if emanating from the palms of Markeus's hands

Thunder crackled through the air, echoing like a primal roar as if emanating from the palms of Markeus's hands. A brilliant flash of light accompanied each clap of thunder. He remained stoic, his expression unreadable as he gazed upon the spectacle he had wrought. With a subtle gesture of his hand, the thunder subsided.

They all stood in awe as they noticed the wounds inflicted on the king in the previous battle slowly disappearing. Lilith's group was unable to move as they watched. They could also feel the higher energy that emanated from him.

"Because he's thirsty for power, it's not impossible for him to use it. I'm not wrong in my theory." Lilith said as she watched what was happening.

Aside from the black aura surrounding the king, she noticed a mingling yellow light behind him. She took a step sideward and strained to discern the source of that light, Her irritation grew as she finally made out what was happening clearly.
"I was just deceived because of him," she muttered bitterly.

From behind the king on the second floor of the broken balcony, they saw Shanaia. Her hands were surrounded by yellow light directed towards the king. This caused his wounds to heal. She was so angry she almost broke the handle on her weapon. Just when she was about to win, everything became meaningless.

"Did Shania leave her mind in this fight? What does she think, will the king save her for what she did?" Katrina exclaimed. "It's disgusting to think she's my cousin because of what she's done!"

"Wherever she can get benefit, that's where she'll stand. It's no surprise if she chooses to side with the more powerful," commented Xavier from the side. "She follows what she thinks is higher. All she knows is healing and she doesn't know how to fight, so she'll rely on those who can move for her."

"That woman is just selfish!" Kat added. "She doesn't care if the person she's helping is the reason her family died. Worthless child, worthless relative!" 

"You cannot dictate what someone wants to do. But you can find ways to make them reconsider their life decisions," she said, heading towards them while staring straight at the king.

She paused in her steps when Xavier held her hand. She turned to see his concerned face. "You can't handle this alone. We don't know what kind of magic he's capable of now."

"I really can't handle this if that woman complicates everything," she nodded and looked in Shanaia's direction. "As long as she keeps healing Markeus repeatedly, I won't be able to defeat him."