[16] Demon's magic

Katrina ran swiftly through the wide corridor of the palace

Katrina ran swiftly through the wide corridor of the palace. After spotting her cousin on the second floor, she didn't hesitate to chase after her.  

She quickly stopped running and slightly skidded on the floor. A blue light appeared in her hands, and a rushing stream of water surged towards Shanaia.

"Aaah!" Shanaia screamed before being pushed back by the powerful force of the water. Her clothes were drenched after being hit by Katrina's wave-like spell.

She heard Julio arriving beside her, gasping for breath. He was holding his knees and could barely speak. "You run like a thief, Kat. You're so fast! If you wanted to snatch things in town, you'd pass with flying colors."

"You're getting old and your body can't keep up anymore."

He straightened up and glared at her. "What do you take me for? Sixty years old? My bones aren't that brittle yet!"

"I never said your bones were brittle. You just finished your studies and are just starting in the real world, and you already feel like an old man." She glanced at her cousin not far away and nodded at the young man beside her as if signaling something.

"It feels like you just brought me here to be your errand boy, huh?" he complained.

As he opened his palm, a white aura gradually emerged and moved toward Shanaia. The wet floor slowly turned white until the water solidified into hard ice. She could no longer run and struggled to move her body.

She swiftly walked over to Shanaia and greeted her with a powerful slap. Even the young man beside her was shocked by the force of the slap.

"Hey, Katrina!" He grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her away from her cousin.

"You're really out of your mind, Shanaia!" she yelled, her voice echoing throughout the corridor. "Did you even think about the consequences of what you're doing? This is our chance to break free from the king's hold, and you're making everything harder!"

Shanaia smiled at her sarcastically. "Didn't you all say that healing is all I'm good for?"Katrina quickly shrugged off Julio's grip on her arm and grabbed Shanaia by the collar. "And because that's all you can do, you'd even heal someone like that? Where's your brain? No, do you even have a brain?"

"What do you want me to do?" Shanaia yelled back at them, her eyes filled with anger and her voice full of rage. "All of you keep saying this is all I can do! Now that I've proven and done what I can, I'm still wrong. What do you want me to do?" she shouted.