[19] Karma meets karma

Xavier was feeling a mix of emotions at that moment

Xavier was feeling a mix of emotions at that moment. He was angry because he knew his father had hurt his mother. He is confused about their current situation and worries about what might happen to his family.

"How dare you use my name and involve me in your foolishness!" King Lucas—Prince Markeus' father—landed a powerful punch on Xavier's father.

He heard his mother's loud gasp from the side. The soldiers in front of them lowered their weapons slightly and crossed them.

"I gave you a position in the palace, but you used it for your gain. And who are you to overstep my decisions and take action without informing me?"

His father fell to the ground again as the king's blows landed again.

"I-I only did what I thought was best for the palace. Please forgive my rudeness, King Lucas."

"You are indeed insolent!" he snapped. "Don't you know I despise that person? Why did you agree without my orders? You made me look like a fool!"

A scream echoed as his father was electrocuted. The king held his neck tightly, where the electricity flowed.

"F-father..." he whispered, trembling. He grabbed the hem of a soldier's garment. They restrained him, causing him to struggle even more. "Father!"

He quickly grabbed Katrina's arm as he regained his senses. He knew his sudden grip had startled her, causing her to freeze. He looked around and noticed several nobles surrounding them. He glanced to the side and saw Julio blocking every attack from the demon.

"L-lord Xavier," the young woman stammered. "Your wound..."

"I'm fine."

He gently touched the wound on his neck as he slowly stood up. His gaze fell on the mana ring he was wearing, noticing its blue hue. As he clenched his fist, the ring began to glow, but the emergence of the blue aura around him halted when someone grasped his fist.

"Save it for later," A yellow light swiftly flowed from her fist into his body. "I'll handle it."

"It looks like I owe you a lot, Shanaia," he remarked sarcastically.

"Write it all down if you want," she retorted but continued healing him. "How many times have I healed you today? You're too reckless. Just because someone can heal you doesn't mean you should use your body as a shield."

He immediately pulled his hand away from her grip. He flexed his hand as he scanned the area for the demon.

"I was stunned when I heard Lilith's voice," he laughed slightly. "Demons know how to show you what you want to see and hear. They take pleasure in watching you suffer or lose everything."

"The demon will surely try to deceive you again. It knows we can't harm the princess's body," Katrina interjected. "We can't afford a second chance."