Cover Up

Everyone sat around me as a buzzing sound filled the room while a needle punctured my skin

I stared around turned on my side, my attention going to Santi as he spoke soundly throughout the room.

"We are a familia, we move differently, we show our appreciation differently, we show our respect differently, we show our gratitude differently, we show our loyalty differently, we show our pride differently, we show our love differently and last but not least we show our wrath, dissatisfaction, and punishment differently. We are one and always will be.

A/N: that's a lot of differently but ion gaf

We take care of each other and the innocent. We protect and enforce at all costs. We may not be pure but our intentions will never be ill toward the pure hearts. One feels pain? We all feel pain.

We do not hide from danger. We do not run. We do not sell out. We do not betray. We stay. We fight. We are loyal. We are el gobierno, the government, and we enforce our law at all times.

Expressed with our hearts, expressed with our spirit, expressed with our soul. We are our law." Santi stepped forward.

"Repeat after me" he looked deeply into my eyes.

"I Alaina-Sage Ines Torres...."

"I Alaina-Sage Ines Torres, pledge my allegiance and loyalty to el gobierno under my own conscious decision. I accept el gobierno as an extension of mi familia and vow to protect them just as they protect me. We are one and always will be." I repeated.

"Now, your circumstances are different. While this is an initiation for you becoming affiliated with us, you are to be my Queen one day. La jefa. Your actions and movements during missions and meetings will be surveilled up into any new progression such as engagement between the two of us. If you are accepted, which it looks like you are already, you will have a ceremony after our wedding on the same day."

"Are you ready for what comes with us?"

"Always" I stared into his eyes.

"Then I officially welcome the newest member of el gobierno. la pantera"

Everyone tapped their hearts with their fist before bringing two fingers to their mouths kissing it and saluting with said fingers toward me.

I tapped my heart, kissed my fingers and saluted to them smiling just as the artist finished my tattoo.

"Do you know..why we call you La pantera?" Santi asked.

"I know it means The Panther" I shrugged.

"The Black Panther.. Also known as the Black Jaguar are called the ghost of the jungle because their stealth and beautiful melanated coat make them almost impossible to find. They have since become rare and are not frequently seen within their community and if they are you should run for your life. You have a talent of blending in when you desire not to be seen. And as we have all seen you are ruthless when protecting your own."