Stay With It

"WHY DIDNT YOU WAKE US UP? WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE TO GET HER ALONE?!"

"I WASNT ALONE"

"BUT IT WASNT US!"

The boys and I or rather Aiden and I were constantly going back and forth with another because they were angry for my impulsive decision to go search for Laina without them.

"Look. I didn't wanna disappoint you if she wasn't there... you two had been moping around this fucking house for a week and a half. You think I wanna get your hopes up just for you to fall deeper into a hole."

"I need you to trust that I did this for your own good. The important thing is she is back." I sighed before kissing both of their foreheads and turning to the stairs.

"Goodnight Papá," I turned my head and smiled. It was Arman.

"Goodnight hijo"

I continued my journey up the stairs. But stopped when I saw Alaina walking out of the room with Samar. She laid her head against the door frowning breathing deeply.

"Mamí"

She jumped before quickly wiping her tears from her face.

"H-hey"

"Come here mamí" I walked closer.

"No. Im good. I need to get to bed"

"Mamí" I grabbed her hugging her tight.

We stayed like that for a while until she abruptly moved away. 

"Goodnight Santi" she rushed out before walking across hall and closing her door.

"Alaina come on baby. Talk to me" I frowned standing at the door.

"I'm fine Santi. I just need to go to sleep. Please?" She said.

"I'm here if you need me but I won't push you."

She has to open up at some point.