The Truth...

Alaina sat on her knees with her hands pushing into Santi's shoulder as he lied unconscious in the backseat

She was shaking just thinking about what had occurred. She didn't have time to wallow long when she felt the car jerking left to right constantly. They were now back on a main road and Luis was trying his best to make it to the safe house. Desperately looking for spaces he could swerve in and out of.

10 minutes felt like a lifetime in this predicament. Alaina was constantly trying to tap Santi awake but he wouldn't budge. There was only so much she could do to keep him from bleeding. She even took off her shirt to use it as a tourniquet.

Now in her bra and her Cookie Monster pajama's she prayed to God that they could make it in time before he lost too much blood. Getting shot 3 time with the bullet still in you could be fatal.

PAUSE- Ian gon lie I looked that shit up too so you can die within 5 min from uncontrolled bleeding and I believe you can get led poisoning too? Yea bye-RESUME

"Miss? Santi's father is on the phone"

"Alaina?! Alaina baby are you ok?"

Alaina's head snapped in the direction of the sound seeing a flip phone being held out to her as she saw the car approaching a house.

"He-hello" she said breathing hard, her shaking hands grabbing the phone while getting out of the car.

"Baby I need you to breathe ok? Your mama's on her way as we speak." She heard Mateo speak softly.

"Why- why are you not freakin out like your son and I didn't just get shot at?!"

"Just calm down Alaina, we'll explain everything in due time. Right now I just need to listen to everything Luis and Luca tell you and we'll talk tomorrow. Focus on getting cleaned up, Santi's gonna be just fine. He didn't lose too much blood ok?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ok ok" she responded as she started to breathe slowly.

....

"How are we supposed to break all of this to her?" Matteo paced his office room.

He had woken everyone up and ordered everyone to find any type of information that could be useful. Though it wasn't his intention to scare anyone he loved his so too much to let anyone think they would get away with this stupid attempt of a murder. He had threatened everyone working not giving a fuck if they were tired or not. Santi's brother Hugo was the only person who had the balls to say something before flipping through more pages "stop being a baby, he got shot in the arm! He's been shot in worse places God! Too tired for this shit."

"Baby something tells me she's gonna be just fine."

"I don't know. She sounded shaken up and this is a lot to handle."

"I know but look at me."

"When I met you and found out about what you do..what we do now.. I wasn't as scared as I should've been" she pulled him toward her.