Slow Down

"Papá, meet my girlfriend Aruna, girlfriend Aruna meet my momma and papá" I said as she was still slumped

"EVERYBODY sit up" my momma yelled as my papa took a picture.

"Heyyyy did I wake you? Oh I'm sorry well since you're up let me introduce myself"

"My name is momma"

Aruna looked like she was high the way her eyes were squinted adjusting to the light.

"Good morning Angel" I rubbed the side of her face directing it toward me.

"Good morning Nugget"

Aruna hated being woken up abruptly she needed to wake up on her own most of the time.

Right now I know her heart is jumping out of her chest and she's discombobulated. Her face is frowned up in confusion and she looks like she's about to cry while one hand clutches on the back of Santi's bare back and the other holds my hand.

"Good morning" her tired voice was heard softly.

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth" she stretched.

"Ok. I'm gonna come with you" Santi said effortlessly carrying her as he stood from the couch.

I stood up already having brush my teeth I walked to the kitchen finding something to cook.

"Are you happy?" My momma asked.

She started to help me maneuver around the kitchen. My papá sat on a chair at the island watching us move.

"Yes I am."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" She frowned. 

"Momma it happened so quick. Plus there was so much other stuff going on I just needed time to settle and calm down. Santi's been bombarding me with my therapist, having her visit because he already thinks I'm not ok about killing and seeing Toni again."

"Well. Are you ok?"

"I'm getting there. I just have to realize that it was them or me. But like I told my therapist I barely remember the whole fight. It's like I blanked out and came back to when it was over."  I shrugged.

"Baby, do you remember any time when you were younger? Like maybe around 12 or 13?" She looked at my papá. I shook my head.

"Mm"