Chapter 19 - A New Lead

Chapter Song Rec: Never Lose Me by Flo Milli

_________________

Your POV - The Next Day

_________________

Tap Tap Tap

You glanced over at your window, setting your pencil down. A smile spread across your face as you walked over, opening the window for the one and only Prowler, who was probably here with a new lead for the two of you.

Or maybe he was just here to see you. A girl could hope, right?

"Hey, you" he grinned, pulling himself through and pulling your close, pressing his forehead against yours as a replacement for kissing you. "Hey, you" you smiled back, pulling away just slightly to speak.

"It's been a whole day, where've you been?" You asked teasingly.

"I was busy." he shrugged, stepping back to look at you, his arms out in a showy manner. "I'm here now, aren't I?"

You couldn't help but laugh.

It was all so cheesy. You'd never acted like this with someone before and you'd never expected yourself to.

But there was just something about him.

"Got a new lead, hotshot?" You asked, walking back to your desk to close your computer, hoping he didn't see the blueprints that were still on the screen. Sure...you'd been doing a little research on your own, but it wasn't that big of a deal, right?

Quentin Beck was important, yes, he was a villain, yes, but he wasn't your target.

No...your target was Venom. And then Osborne himself.

But the Prowler didn't need to know that. Not yet.

"What, I can't just come to see you?" he asked with a snort, walking towards you as you closed your computer and pushed everything to the side. "But actually...I think I might. You saw the hospital collapse, right? News is saying that he's the one who did it. That he was spotted around there right before the place blew?"

He folded his arms over his chest, cocking his head to the side slightly as he watched you. "Wanna go with me?"

You smiled, expression lighting up at the offer. "Have I ever said no to that?" You asked with a laugh. "Let me get my mask, come on-"

You head over to your closet and rummaged through your drawers for your mask and sword, along with the little jacket you'd made that had shoulder pads attached. You were starting to like your little suit a lot and you could tell the Prowler liked it too by the way he chuckled while you put it on. "What?"

"It's so...purple, now. Trying to copy me?"

"Shut up. You're not the only person in the world who likes purple." You scoffed, rolling your eyes at him before pulling your mask on. "Let's go-"

He stopped you and you looked up at him. "Wait. I brought you something. Wait here."

He climbed back out through the window and you were left standing there, an expression of confusion on your face.

When he came back inside, he had a little wrapped present behind his back, which he handed to you. "I left it outside to surprise you. Sorry." he said sheepishly, pushing it into your hands. "Open it!"

He sounded so excited about it...it was cute. You sat down on the bed and he sat next to you, watching as you unwrapped the gift, pulling the little ribbon off.