Chapter 17 - Tutoring Session

Chapter Song Rec: sins (let me in) by Kanii

___________________________

Your POV --> The next day

___________________________

Sent 5 minutes ago.

Miles: Hey. You there?

It was nearly 6pm when you glanced down at your phone, only just seeing the text from Miles. What was he texting you for? For a second, you debated whether you should just ignore him and go back to working on your next step. Quentin Beck was out there somewhere, and he probably had another plan of his own in the oven. Plus...the Prowler was counting on you.

But then of course, you were kind of curious. Why was this guy texting you right now? What if it was important?

You mulled over it for a moment before deciding to text him back.

You: Yeah. What's up?

Miles: Have u studied Ch. 16 for the calc test yet?

You: Yeah

You: It was ez

Miles: I don't get it. Can u help me out?

You looked down at your phone in disbelief. No way Miles Gonzalo Morales, calculus whiz, was asking you for help on one of the easiest chapters of the semester. He had to be joking.

You: Are u being fr with me rn?

Miles: Come on. I need ur help

You: What do u want me to do??

Silence for a few moments. Then the little bubbles popped up, showing that he was typing.

Miles: Come over and tutor me

You looked at your phone in shock. Come over? Seriously? What was he on?

You: lol no

Miles: Pls I can't fail this test

Miles: Just for like an hour

Miles: Aren't u supposed to be smart?

Yeah, there was no way you were going to his house. Not now. Not when it was getting dark and you had your own work to do. Plus it was a Friday night, and you did not want to spend it being a math tutor. You had more important things to do.

Then you remembered what the Prowler had told you. If you keep doing this when you're mad, you're gonna make it worse.

He was right. If you kept overworking yourself like this, you were just gonna make it worse. He said he'd handle it. He'd told you not to worry about the next step. And you trusted him, right?

You glanced down at your phone again.

Miles: Hello?

Miles: Are u fr ghosting me rn?

You sighed.

You: Fine

You: Send me ur address

You: I'll be there in ten

_________________

Miles' POV