Kabanata 25

"Let's visit my mom after this," I said to Gabriel. We were both sitting on a log near the shore while gazing up at the sky. The evening was quiet but serene.

I remembered the first time Gabriel saw me at my most vulnerable state. It was raining, and I was crying at the cemetery, kneeling at my mom's gravestone.

He found me there, soaked to the skin, and instead of leaving me alone, he knelt beside me, offering silent support. He didn't ask questions or try to make me talk. He just stayed with me, his presence a comforting balm against the pain and loneliness I felt.

"I remember that day at the cemetery," I said softly, breaking the silence. "I was a mess, and you just... stayed with me."

Gabriel turned his head slightly, looking at me with those forest green eyes. "I couldn't leave you like that," he replied. "It felt like the right thing to do. I wanted you to know you weren't alone."

I smiled, feeling a warmth spread through my chest. "It meant more to me than you'll ever know."

Gabriel squeezed my hand gently. "You don't have to thank me, Love. Being there for you is the most natural thing in the world."

Isinandal ko ang aking ulo sa balikat ni Gabriel habang nakatingin sa kalmadong dagat. Nanatili kami sa ganoong posisyon ng ilang sandali. Ang bawat paghinga namin ay sumasabay sa mahinahong alon na humahampas sa dalampasigan.

Habang nakasandal sa kanya, hindi ko maiwasang mag-isip tungkol sa aming hinaharap. Ano kaya ang mangyayari sa amin? Ang takot ay unti-unting lumusob sa akin. What if we'll end up like mom and dad? What if Lolo will try to separate us?

Ngunit sa kabila ng aking mga pangamba, nararamdaman ko rin ang pag-asa. Si Gabriel ay nagdala ng isang bagong uri ng kasiyahan at kapanatagan sa buhay ko.

And I'm really happy because of that.

Napalingon ako nang may biglang tumikhim sa likuran namin ni Gabriel. It was Timothy. He was holding a guitar, smiling, while looking at us.

"You can play, right?" He was looking at Gabriel.

Tumango naman si Gabriel saka inabot ang gitarang inilahad ni Tim. I didn't know he can play guitar. The truth is, I still don't know about him that much.

Timothy quickly settled himself beside me.

"A little bit," Gabriel replied modestly, accepting the guitar from Timothy with a grateful nod. His fingers naturally found their positions on the strings, and soon, a soft melody began to weave through the tranquil evening air.

Hindi man araw-araw na nakangiti
Ilang beses na rin tayong humihindi
'Di na mabilang ang ating mga tampuhan
Away-bati natin, 'di na namamalayan

Napatingin ako kay Gabriel nang nag simula siyang kumanta. Ngumiti ako nang biglang magtama ang aming paningin. Naramdaman ko namang uminit ang aking mukha dahil habang kumakanta siya ay nakatingin ito nang diretso sa aking mga mata.

Eto tayo
Ngunit sa huli, palagi
Babalik pa rin sa yakap mo
Hanggang sa huli, palagi
Pipiliin kong maging sa 'yo

His forest green eyes captivate me every time. Before, I didn't want to be engulfed by them, but now, I yearn to drown in his gaze. Each glance feels like a gentle wave pulling me closer, inviting me into a depth I never knew I craved. His eyes hold secrets and stories, and I find myself willingly lost in their emerald allure, discovering a new kind of beauty with every blink.

I can't quite put into words why Gabriel draws me in so deeply. It's more than just his eyes or his smile—it's the way he listens when I speak, the way he laughs at my jokes, and the way his presence feels like home. Being around him brings out parts of myself I didn't know existed, and I find comfort in knowing that he sees me for who I truly am.