Kabanata 30

Kabanata 30

"Dee, can you please take this to the council's office? I need to handle the food arrangements for the participants," Lawrence said, glancing at the paper a student had handed him earlier.

Agad naman akong tumango sa kanya, in-assign ako ni Gabriel bilang assistant head ni Lawrence. Para raw hindi ako mailang sa ibang mga volunteers at para raw malapit lang ako kay Lawrence.

Today marked the beginning of the school's founding anniversary, a celebration that would span the entire week. The campus buzzed with excitement and anticipation as everyone prepared for the festivities. I could see students bustling around, setting up booths, decorating hallways, and practicing performances.

As I made my way to the council's office, the sounds of laughter and music filled the air, heightening my sense of pride and nostalgia. The founding anniversary always brought the school community closer together, celebrating its rich history and vibrant spirit.

When I arrived at the office, I found Gabriel sorting through a pile of documents. He was alone. His face lit up when he saw me. "Hey, love," he greeted, his voice warm and affectionate. "What brings you here?"

"Lawrence asked me to deliver this," sabi ko, saka ibinigay sa kanya ang mga papel.

Gabriel took the paper and quickly scanned it. "Thanks for bringing this over," he said, setting it aside. He stepped closer, his eyes softening with concern as he looked at me. "How are you holding up? I know things have been a bit overwhelming lately."

Nagpakawala ako ng buntong hininga, bago ngumiti nang bahagya sa kanya. "It's been a lot," I admitted. "With all the preparations and everything else going on, it's hard to keep up sometimes."

Gabriel reached out and took my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You're doing great, Dee. Just take it one step at a time, okay?"

I nodded, feeling comforted by his words. "Thanks, Gabriel. I really needed that."

Without another word, he leaned in and kissed me gently. I kissed him back, savoring the brief moment of intimacy. Just as we were about to pull away, the door creaked open. We jumped apart, hearts racing, as Gabriel's secretary walked in, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Oh! I didn't mean to interrupt," she said, a hint of amusement in her voice. "I just need to drop off these files." She gave me a once-over, her eyes scanning me from head to toe before rolling them slightly. It was clear she wasn't pleased.

Gabriel cleared his throat, trying to act casual. "No worries, we were just... going over some details for the event," he said, his cheeks slightly flushed.

The secretary placed the files on Gabriel's desk, her gaze lingering on him a bit too long. Her stares were making me uncomfortable, and the way she looked at me made it obvious she wasn't thrilled with me being here.

When she finally left the room, Gabriel and I exchanged relieved glances, both trying to stifle our laughter.

"That was close," I murmured, still feeling the thrill of our stolen kiss.

"Too close," Gabriel agreed, a playful glint in his eye. "But worth it."

I nodded, feeling a rush of affection for him. "Always worth it."

As I left the office, the excitement of the day's events mingled with the warmth of our secret moment, making the celebration even more special.

Habang naglalakad ako sa hallway pabalik sa kung nasaan si Lawrence ay hindi ko maiwasang mapangiti sa sarili. Alam kong nahihirapan pa rin akong lumabas sa comfort zone ko, pero hindi ko maiwasang maging proud sa sarili. Dahil kay Gabriel at sa dalawang kaibigan ko, kaya ko nang gawin ng kaunti ang mga bagay na kinatatakutan ko noon.