King

We spent the entire rest of the day driving looking for a hospital. Honestly it felt like forever until we finally found one.
"Okay so we need to get into one of the rooms where they have all the stitching supplies so I can stitch Mr. Harrison up." Owen stated as we all slowly climbed out of the car. I helped Owen with Mr. Harrison as Jack went ahead with the gun while Alayna and Emily stayed behind us with Shawn making sure nothing came from behind us.
"Okay we are all clear." Jack whispered as he opened the door. We walked through the doors trying to find a room which Owen seemed to know where to go. We reached the room Owen thought was the right door.
"It's not here." He said as he scrambled through all the cupboards.
"So your saying its in another room?" Jack asked as we crowded in the room. Owen nodded his head.
"It must be on the next floor." He said as we moved Mr. Harrison to the stairs.
"Jack go up and see if we are clear." I said as I adjusted Mr. Harrison's weight a bit. Jack nodded his head going up the stairs. I felt a hand grip my belt hoop. I thought it was Mr. Harrison but when I looked down it was Shawn. He looked a little scared. I pointed to Emily where he gripped her belt hoop instead. I smiled down at him as he smile back up. Emily looked down at Shawn and than at me. Alayna and Emily were on either side of Owen, Mr. Harrison and I making sure that nothing came towards us. Gun shots were fired up the stairs causing each of us to get worried. We waited for a bit before Jack came running down the stairs.
"Okay we are clear. I had to kill a few." He said as he went up making sure that Mr. Harrison, Owen and I were up before pacing a bit a head of us. Alayna, Emily and Shawn were a little behind us as they helped push Mr. Harrison up the stairs.
"Shit. He's bleeding again." I said as I moved my hand that was wrapped around Mr. Harrison's waist up closer to his shoulder.
"We need to hurry. He's losing blood fast." Owen said as we tried to carry him as fast as we could up the stairs. We reached the nurses station on this floor as we seen a room that said Doctors Supplies Only. Owen walked to the door leaving me with all of Mr. Harrison's weight. Jack took Owen's spot on the other side of Mr. Harrison slightly helping me. We watched as Owen wiggled the handle of the door rapidly. "Fuck it's locked." Owen said as he looked at Mr. Harrison and all of us. Emily and I looked at each other before I sighed.
"Help Jack with Mr. Harrison. We got this." Emily said as she motioned me forward moving Shawn to hold on to Alayna. I switched spots with Owen as Emily and I leaned on the nurses station desk.
"Ready?" I asked as I looked at her. She nodded her head.
"Ready." She said as we ran forward, just as we were about to lift our feet to kick the door down we heard growling behind us. We turned around on our one foot since our other foot was in the air ready to kick. We placed our feet down flat on the ground in shock at what we seen.

"Ou a puppy." Shawn said as he put his arms out running towards the dog. The dog was a German Shepard. He let Shawn hug him but he kept growling. The dog then ran straight for us. I flinched thinking I was a goner but when I opened my eyes the dog was attacking a zombie that was behind us. We stared in shock that the dog was protecting us. The dog turned around after it finished killing the zombie just to go sit back down by Shawn so he could hold him.
"Mhm..Mr. Harrison." Alayna said snapping everyone else out of their shocked mind set. I shook my head as Emily and I lifted our feet up kicking in the door. The door busted open as I moved aside to let Owen in. I replaced Owen under Mr. Harrison's arm so he could be a little more stable.
"Found it!" Owen said as he held up a needle and all the thread needed to stitch up Mr. Harrison. Emily and Alayna walked into the room right after Owen came walking out. "Set him on the nurses desk." Owen demanded as Jack and I shuffled Mr. Harrison over to the desk where we laid him down. I looked at the dog who was laying down now as Shawn pet him and curled up to him.
"What are you two doing?" I heard Jack ask Emily and Alayna who were in the room moving a whole bunch of shit around.
"Well who knows if we will get hurt again so we might as well pack up another first aid kit." Alayna said as Emily agreed putting more stuff into a little bag. I was with Mr. Harrison as Owen got the stitches and everything ready.
"What do you want me to do?" I asked unsure on what to do or where to go. Owen didn't even look up at me.
"Just hold his hand." Owen said as I did was I was told. "This may hurt." Owen said looking down at Mr. Harrison. He began to panic a bit.
"What do you mean by-OW!" Mr. Harrison began before Owen began to stitch him up cutting him off. He screamed out in pain a lot as he squeezed my hand. I could tell by the way he squeezed my hand he was scared to hurt me but he was in pain so I didn't mind even if it meant I had a broken hand. After a few minutes Owen finished stitching Mr. Harrison up as he was putting gauze over top of it. Mr. Harrison calmed down a bit still crying from the pain.
"I'm..sorry..for..squeezing..your..hand..too...tight." Mr. Harrison breathed as he was slowly coming back down from the cloud of pain. I just smiled kissing his head.
"That's okay. I would rather have a broken hand than lose you." I said smiling as he smiled back at me. The dog growled again but this time he started barking.
"What is it boy?" Jack said as the dog was growling and began to bark louder. We heard grunting coming from around the corner. Fucking zombies. I grabbed Shawn as he grabbed the dogs collar. I didn't know how I felt about bringing the dog but I mean I'm not going to tear this kid away from the dog. Other than me it was the only thing that seemed to make him feel safe.
"I guess we need to fight our way through since there is no other way down." Jack said as we turned the corner. The dog was barking even louder than before. The dog actually moved a bit in front of Shawn, so Shawn was protected from the zombies. I was holding up Mr. Harrison with the help of Owen. Emily, Alayna and Jack shot their guns hitting every single zombie in the way. I felt useless being unable to help but Mr. Harrison needed my help. I turned to look at the dog who was protecting Shawn.
"I'm out of bullets and everything is in the car." Emily said as she turned around tapping her gun.
"I'm out too." Alayna said holding her gun up and putting it in her back pocket. There were only 4 zombies left and the only person left with a gun was Jack.
"Fuck. I'm out of amo." He said as he put the strap of his gun around his shoulder. We didn't know what to do even though there were only 4 zombies not all of us was going to make it. The dog ran forward jumping on each and every zombie left killing them. Shawn braced onto me scared and shaking. The dog finished killing the zombies he moved over to where Shawn was. He latched onto the dogs collar once again as I grabbed his one hand walking down the stairs helping Mr. Harrison down first as Jack was our look out. He motioned us through as we walked out to the truck. We got Mr. Harrison in. I turned around to make sure Shawn was in the car but instead of being met with Shawn, I was met with a dog who had stinky ass dog breath. I cringed my nose at the dogs breath. Alayna turned around as Emily began to drive.
"So are we keeping the dog?" Alayna asked as she pet the dog on the had making it lick her. She just smiled as she wiped her hand clean. Emily looked through the mirror.
"We can use some help killing the zombies." Jack stated as he leaned over the back seat petting the dog.
"Yeah and he did save our lives back there." Emily said as everyone nodded their heads.
"Well what's his name?" Alayna asked as I took my arm out from around Mr. Harrison who was leaning against the window watching us all talk. I fiddled with the dogs collar.
"His name is King."