Timing Isn't The Best

"I think this needs to end." I said as I looked up at him. He stood up walking over to lean on the balcony ledge. He never said anything, he just stood there leaning on the ledge. Even when my one sister left him he was never like this. "Please say something." I said looking at him. I watched as he shook his head. He turned around to face me as he leaned on the edge.
"I don't know what to say. I haven't felt this way before about someone and now it's just going to end because the world is turning to shit. What am I supposed to say when the love of my life breaks up wit-" he was cut off by the wood of the balcony he was leaning on breaking as he fell off the balcony holding onto a piece of wood able to dangle off the balcony. I ran over to him instantly grabbing his hand. I tried pulling him up but my grip was slipping as my hands were sweating. I heard snapping of branches by the woods as I tried picking him up again. Mr. Harrison looked at the zombie walking our way. "Just let me drop. Let it eat me. I would rather die by that then die by heartache which is what I would be dying of if I wasn't dangling off this edge." He said as he sounded more panicky than before.
"I'm not letting you drop." I said as I tried to stay quiet but I tried pulling him up. I finally regained my grip pulling him up as far as I could before he could help lift himself up. He got up to the edge before looking down at the height difference between the balcony and the ground. He leaned back as I sat beside him. I looked at him.
"Why didn't you let me drop? Like I said I would rather die down there than up here with my heartbroken." He said looking up at the moon. I looked over at him as I rested my hand on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry. I can't live without you. I take back what I said before. This isn't the end. I'm sorry." I said as I pulled him in so his head was resting on my shoulder. We were having a moment until we heard the creaking of the wood underneath us. We instantly ran into the room shutting the door. We shut the door looking at each other laughing slightly. I rested my head on the door as he smiled looking at me.
"I knew you couldn't mean what you said. Besides who would laugh at what just happened unlike us." He said smiling as I hugged him tight.
"Let's go to bed." I said as I grabbed his hand as we crawled into bed. The night was quiet except that zombie bumping and scratching at the door. I just smiled in my sleep as I waited for it stop. It did stop, except I heard a gun shot making me jump up and King began to bark.
"Everybody up! Get in the car now!" I heard someone yelling. I groaned looking at Mr. Harrison who was sitting at the edge of the bed.
"I guess we gotta get up now." He said as I nodded my head. King was licking Shawn trying to get him up. I walked over to Shawn helping King.
"Shawn, honey it's time to get up." I said as he slowly opened his eyes.
"Why?" He asked as I smiled slightly lifting him up into my arms.
"I do not know." I said to him as I opened the door to be met by a zombie running towards us. I slammed the door shut trying to lock it. "There's no lock!" I said as I gave Shawn to Mr. Harrison as I fiddled with the door trying to get it to stay shut. We heard the car start.
"Where's Brooklyn and Mr. Harrison?" We heard faintly. Mr. Harrison opened the door to the patio.
"We are over here! We are a little trapped!" Mr. Harrison yelled as King barked. We seen the car lights begin to turn the corner to be where we were.
"Is everything okay?" We heard Emily ask up to us. Mr. Harrison looked at me and then down at Emily.
"There are more zombies now up against the door!" I yelled out hoping she could hear me. I heard her repeat what I said again.
"I need you to jump down here. There are too many zombies for us shoot and now they are all focused on you guys." Emily said as Mr. Harrison backed away from the door.
"We need to jump." He said to me as I still was up against the door.
"Get Shawn and you down there first and I will come after. We don't stand a chance unless I hold it closed." I said as I nodded at him so he knew I was serious. He bit his lip nodding his head.

"Emily I'm going to hang Shawn over I need you to grab him." Mr. Harrison said as I watched him dangle Shawn over the edge. "Okay Shawn Emily's got you. Let go of my hands and she will catch you." Mr. Harrison said as I watched the fear on Shawn's face slowly disappear as he dropped down.
"Okay I got him! Your turn." Emily called up as Mr. Harrison looked at me before he crawled over hanging on so I could still see him.
"Just go. I will be right after you." I said to him as the door opened and then shut again. He nodded his head dropping to the ground hitting it with a oomph.
"I'm down! Come on Brook!" He called up. King was beside me as he was helping me hold the door shut. I pet him as he stopped looking at me.
"You ready to jump buddy?" I asked talking to him as he barked in response. "Alright let's do this." I said as I pet him one last time letting go of the door as I ran towards the patio jumping off instantly. King followed me as we landed on the roof of the car.
"Drive!!" Everyone yelled as we watched the zombies follow after us falling over the patio. One landed on the roof as well as I kicked it making it go flying off the car. I sighed in relief as looked at King who was struggling to stay on the roof. I grabbed his collar holding it tight. I leaned over to edge knocking on the one window. The window rolled down as I was met with Alayna and Cody. "You need to get King in the car. He can't hold on up here." I said as I pulled King towards the window. Alayna nodded as she opened the door as we drove.
"Okay King come on." Alayna said as she motioned King down. I held onto King's collar as I turned him so his back legs were down my Alayna. I waited until Alayna got his lower half in her arms. "I got him. Slowly drop him." She called up as I slowly leaned down bringing him with me. I got King in the car as I grabbed the car door shutting it. She rolled down the window again.
"Are you not coming in?" Cody asked through the window. I leaned in to look through the window to see everyone crowded in the car. I shook my head.
"Nope. It's too crowded I will stay on the roof until it's safe to pull over." I said as I leaned back up on the roof. I sat still looking at the Zombies that ran towards us some falling, some still chasing. I held on to the bars that were placed on the roof. I seen a hand being placed on the roof of the car. It was Alayna. She was climbing up. "What are you doing A?" I asked her as she crawled up holding on to the bars. She smiled getting up.
"It got too crowded when King came in. I decided to give you company." She said reaching over as she held my hand. I smiled down at our hands as I laid down still holding on. She followed after me laying down on the roof beside me. "We haven't done this in a while." She said smiling up at the sky.
"What? You mean run from zombies?" I said sarcastically as she hit me. She laughed and so did I.
"No just us two being together. It's always been Owen, Damian and us. Never just us two." She said sounding hurt but I knew it was the truth. I grabbed her hand holding it.
"Yeah I know. But from now on it will always be us. I will always be by your side through all of this." I said meaning every word. I turned my head to look at her as she looked at me smiling. She squeezed my hand as we went back to looking at the sky.
"So I think I like your cousin." She said probably thinking I didn't hear her. I leaned up on my elbow looking down at her. My jaw dropped.
"Excuse me? Which one?" I asked as she placed her one hand on her face smiling in her hand.
"Austin." She said biting her lip as I smiled. She removed her hand to see me smiling down at her. "Is that a good thing?" She asked as I smiled at her nodding my head quickly.
"Of course it is!!" I said excited as I hugged her. She just laughed. The car began to slow down and pull over making us pull away from each other. Auntie CJ came out of the car as everyone else did groaning at how cramped it was. We hoped down off the roof. I got hit in the head by Auntie CJ and Mr. Harrison. I didn't even bother asking what it was for because I already knew. I was stupid, but brave.
"We need to organize everyone in the car. It's too crowded." Owen said as everyone stretched. It didn't take long for us to get organized that and the zombies that were chasing us still were but they caught up to us.
"Alright get in the car!" Auntie CJ said as everyone got in the car organized like we planned. Everyone drifted off to sleep as I turned back to Alayna who was sitting beside Austin. I smirked at her as she just went red smiling back as she turned away from me. I smiled as I turned to look at Mr. Harrison who leaned his head on the window smiling at me before he lifted his arm motioning me underneath his arm. I smiled and moved closer to him. I rested my head on his chest before looking at Emily who smiled at me as her eyes fell shut. I smiled once more before my eyes shut drifting to sleep.