Time To Sleep!

We all grabbed as many guns as we could hold before running out the side door into the car in the shed.
"They are much closer now!" Emily stated as we ran towards the shed. We shot as many zombies as we could. Jack seen his dad in the mix causing him to stop.
"Jack! Come on!" Owen yelled as he had the door open of the car shooting a zombie coming towards him.
"My father." Jack whispered to himself as Alayna gripped his shoulder pulling him towards the car. Mr. Harrison went to get into the drivers side before I stepped in front of him.
"Not today baby!" I said as he nodded climbing into the front seat in the middle as I hopped into the car starting the vehicle.
"Drive! Drive! Drive!" Everyone said as I put the car in drive and rammed through the shed doors. I was running into zombies as I drove. I began to drive fast until we got quite a bit away from Jack's house. I slowed down a bit as everyone got comfortable in the new car.
"I really like this car Jack." Damian stated as he looked around at how awesome the SUV was. Jack was in shock with his parents.
"Jack it's going to be okay. Everything will be fine as long as we stick together." Alayna said as she rubbed his back. He sighed smiling slightly.
"Thanks guys, I have never really had friends that actually cared before." He said as everyone smiled at one another. I smiled through the mirror. Mr. Henderson sitting in the middle of the two seats in the front placed his hand on mine. I smiled at him slightly as I looked at him slightly before turning back to the road.
"Where exactly are we going too?" Owen asked as we all exchanged looks. I pulled over on the side of the road still holding Mr. Harrison's hand turning around slightly to face everyone else.
"That's actually a good question." I said as I looked at everyone in the car.
"As I was walking towards your school everyone was blabbing on about this safe place in New York." Emily stated as everyone exchanged looks.
"So we are driving to New York?" Alayna asked looking around at everyone. I nodded my head.
"I guess we are!" Mr. Harrison said smiling as we turned back around again still holding hands. Honestly I didn't really recognize that he was holding my hand..I also didn't mind.
"Wait how do we know if it's actually going to be there when we arrive?" Jack asked as I stopped doing what I was doing. I looked at the road and then at Mr. Harrison.
"Well we can always just go there. Besides we are set for like a month with guns and food." Emily said as everyone agreed and Jack just went along with it. I started up the engine. I was about to put the car in drive as a zombie smacked against the passenger side window making Mr. Harrison scream a very girly scream curling into me. I was breathing heavy as everyone was scared of it. When we decided to drive off away from the zombie we all began to laugh at how girly Mr. Harrison's scream was.
"Shut up!" He said moving to the window to pretend like he was hurt as he let go of my hand. I reached over and grabbed his hand again. He smiled at me as he sat up properly and helped direct me.

Most of the day we were traveling but when it came down to the night time, we didn't know what to do.
"Should we like pull over?" I asked everyone as I was looking out the window at the night sky.
"There is some sort of camp site over there. Why don't we stay there? Maybe steal a camper?" Emily said as everyone agreed on it. I did too as I drove into the camp site. There were only a few zombies which weren't bad. We kept driving until we were a little away from all the zombies. We found this nice RV that totally called our names. We had to sleep in it. I made sure the car was parked close to the RV in case we needed to leave right away. The doors were unlocked and majority of our stuff was in there. We made sure the RV was clear before we actually settled in.
"There isn't enough room for all of us. At least two or three of us should sleep in the car." Mr. Harrison said as he looked at everyone and then at me. I nodded my head. Everyone else agreed with it.
"Now who's going to sleep out in the car though? And how are they going to sleep in the car?" Owen asked as everyone gathered around the table that was in there.
"Okay well I will go out there." I said as I smiled as everyone nodded their heads. Mr. Harrison gave me a look as in if saying 'Don't go out there alone' but I wasn't going alone someone else was going to come out there with me.
Alayna was already half asleep, Damian was too scared and too sleepy to move to the car at night anyway. Jack seemed to not want to be outside at night while Emily and Mr. Harrison talked it out.
"Okay so Mr. Harrison is going to go out there with you since I lost rock, paper, scissors. You two can sleep on the seats. Here are some guns in case we will keep one window open just honk the horn if anything goes wrong okay?" Emily said before giving me a hug and pushing us out the door so they could sleep.
"I can't wait to sleep." I said as I opened the one door crawling in, instantly laying down on the seat resting my head against the window.
"It will be nice to rest for once." Mr. Harrison said as we both slightly chuckled. He was in the third row of the car facing the same way I was. I shifted so I could look at him and I rested my chin on the seat. He smiled moving closer to me as he leaned forward to rest his head on the seat by mine.
"Hi." I said smiling as he did too.
"Hi." He said mocking my quiet tone. I sighed leaning back again to lean against the window. He kept his head on the seat staring at me. I rested my arms on the seat as I placed my hand in his hair making him smile. He grabbed my hand playing with my fingers before he intertwine our fingers. "You know I have always loved you." He whispered as it was muffled since he kissed my hand. I knew he loved me so I didn't really mind him saying that.
"Aweeh well I love you too." I said as I wiggled my hand out of his before placing a kiss on his forehead. "I'm going to bed. Good night Mr. Harrison." I said as he smiled at me before he leaned back against the window.
"Call me Robert." He said as I curled up in a ball on the seat using the bag of food as a pillow.
"I don't like using Robert. It doesn't flow the way Mr. Harrison does." I said making him chuckle slightly as I got comfy. Every time I moved the bag would make a crumple sound which made Mr. Harrison laugh. I thought that once I closed my eyes I would be able to sleep instantly, but I couldn't.
"I have always loved you and I don't mean it the way you think. Fuck I know your asleep I should have told you before hand. Fuck I'm such an idiot." I heard him say. I stopped moving making him pretend I was asleep.

Did I love him like he loved me? I mean if we were in school and not a zombie apocalypse this wouldn't be allowed. Maybe that's why he's telling me now because it won't matter if we do date. Well it's not like he is that much older than me, I mean he is only 24. But he did date my 24 year old sister. My parents were 11 years apart and started dating when my mom was 17. So I mean it wouldn't be that bad. All I know is that I have never felt so safe with anyone that's not Mr. Harrison. Maybe there was something there.
I took a deep breath as I heard him shift in the other seat trying to lay down. I sighed only loud enough for me to hear as I climbed into the row he was in.
"What are you doing?" He asked unsure on what I was doing. I smacked our lips together. He was shocked but kissed back anyway. When we pulled away I took a breath as he stayed there not breathing probably in shock. I curled into his chest, turning so his back was against the back of the seat and my back was against his chest. Technically we were spooning. He let me use his one arm as pillow. He wrapped his other one tight around me like he didn't ever want to let me go as I intertwined our fingers with the hand that was wrapped around me. I felt him smile against my shoulder. I smiled slightly yawning.
"I have always loved you. But this time I mean it the way you do. Good night."