Traffic Jam

"Yeah you my not want to sleep..." Mr. Harrison stated as everyone slowly woke up.
"What do you mean?" Alayna said as everyone looked up through the window. There were a bunch of zombies in the middle of the road but there were also giant ass trees. The zombies began to notice us as they walked towards us.
"Shit. Owen find another way around it." I said as he nodded his head.
"I'm trying. Don't rush me." He said as he was tapping his phone rapidly trying to get something to happen.
"Everyone lock your doors." Mr. Harrison said as everyone did as they were told. Jack began to laugh in the back seat. Everyone stopped to stare at him as he was almost crying because he was laughing so hard.
"Why are you laughing?" Damian asked as we stared at him trying to calm himself down.
"Ah you guys don't need to worry about them breaking the glass. It's bullet proof. My dad used to work for the president of the United States." Jack said causing everyone's jaw to drop.
"You didn't think of telling us that before hand!" We all said as we threw stuff at him in the back seat.
"Hey don't blame me you guys didn't see the license plate that said Washington DC on it." He said shrugging his shoulders.
"I got it! Another way to get to New York is to cross over a bridge not too far East from here." Owen said showing Mr. Harrison the map on his phone. Mr. Harrison nodded his head backing over a few zombies before turning around.
"You sure this bridge will take us on a route to New York?" Emily asked as Owen nodded his head showing her the map.
"I'm positive." He said reassuring us and possibly himself. I sighed as I leaned in my seat as Owen moved closer resting his head on my shoulder as he showed me what he was doing on his phone. I looked over to see Mr. Harrison biting his lip unsure on what to say about it, but he also knew not to say anything at all. Owen shifted so his head wasn't on my shoulder anymore. I leaned over and rested my head on Mr. Harrison's shoulder making him smile wide not at me but just at the road. I smiled knowing I made that smile happen. Owen kicked me slightly as he was leaned against the window and his feet were on the seat. I turned a bit as he showed me his phone. I looked at it confused at what the red flashing light meant.
"Red doesn't mean good does it?" I asked already knowing the answer. Everyone looked a little concerned as I showed them the phone. Emily's eyes went wide climbing over the seat to sit in the front seat with us. She sat in between Owen and I, making me move closer to Mr. Harrison (not like I didn't mind). She began to turn on the radio.

"Emily mind telling us what you are doing?" Jack asked as everyone moved closer to the front seat.
"Robert pull over now." Emily said seriously as Mr. Harrison (Robert) did as she said. He was probably scared of her just like everyone else was. He shut the engine off keeping the keys in the ignition just in case. Emily was focused on the radio trying to get it to focus on a certain station. We all stayed quiet waiting for her to click through either all the static or some station that spoke another language.
'Attention! Attention! If you are heading to New York do not go through the interstate. You will not survive. Take a back road. There aren't many. Please be safe.' The announcer said as she clicked to the radio she wanted. We listened to that station. I clicked it off.
"Okay so now we know not to go through the way we were going." Alayna said as everyone exchanged looks.
"Owen find that bridge and guide us there. It is the only way." I said as he nodded his head getting to it quickly.
"Okay so now what do we do?" Damian asked as Emily and I were looking at each other.
"We go east! Well straight!" Owen said showing Mr. Harrison the phone as he started the car.
"Your sure that will take us to the bridge?" Mr. Harrison asked clarifying. Owen nodded his head.
"Yes just drive because there are more zombies coming towards us." Owen stated pointing as we all looked over our shoulders. Mr. Harrison began to drive off. Emily and I stared at each other unsure on what to say or do. We sighed sitting back in our seats. I looked over at Mr. Harrison who was really focused on the road.
"This is so fucking quiet!" I said as I turned on the radio clicking to a station that had music playing. I finally go to one station that I liked. "There. To fill the awkward silence." I said as everyone smiled listening to the songs being played. I leaned my head on Mr. Harrison's shoulder as I pecked his cheek quickly making him slightly blush. "Do you want to pull over so you can rest?" I asked as he shook his head.
"I'm good for now. I will let you know when I need to rest." He said kissing my head.
"Guys look it's the bridge!" Alayna said pointing as everyone looked at all the cars and people struggling to get forward.
"We should see how far this line of cars go." I said as I pushed Mr. Harrison forward a bit. He nodded his head as everyone got out of the car, he locked it instantly.
"Don't you guys think this is a sketchy plan?" Jack asked as we had at least one gun each. I smirked at him rolling my eyes.
"Just stay close." I said as I moved closer to Mr. Harrison. Emily moved closer to me as we looked through all the car windows. Some people weren't even alive, people were dead in their cars for what reason? I do not know, but they were dead. There was a zombie that came running over this car towards us as it scared me to the point I actually stopped walking. Emily shot it before I could even say 'wow' I gave her a look saying 'thank you' she just nodded smiling slightly. I looked at Mr. Harrison who just smiled down at me as I gave him a smile back. We just got into the bridge looking at people scared for their lives. I even seen one child who looked like he was 4 or 5 crying curled up in a ball underneath some cement. He was safe enough I guess. I heard screaming coming from in front of us. People came running towards us as we seen zombies chasing them.
"Back to the car. Now!" Mr. Harrison said as my group began to run. I stopped looking at that poor little boy. I had to grab him. I ran quickly through the people.
"Brooklyn!?" I heard everyone call out after they knew I wasn't behind them. I looked forward to see the zombies rushing towards us. I didn't have much time but I knew I couldn't just leave him there. I got to the opening of the little cement cave he had. I reached for him as he grabbed my arm. I grabbed him tight and wrapped him in my arms.
"Hold on tight." I said as I gripped him tight and he did the same. I looked back at the zombies who were getting closer I bolted to the car as fast as I could with the little boy in my arms.
"I'm going to get you out of here. You can count on me. Okay?"