11 | worst game of her life

surprise bitches. double update.

There's a buzz in the air and it seems like everyone can feel it. Maybe it's the fact that Taylor Swift is releasing her movie right as we speak and everyone chose to come here instead. Or it's the fact that I'm doing jump ball and I'm excited for it. Maybe it's a mix of both, I don't know. I do know that all our seats are sold out and I'm ready to kick some ass.

My knee hasn't been bugging me today and I'm thankful. If I had to play it safe and go easy on it then I'd be so sad. True to my word a few of my people are keeping an eye out for Layla, the little girl from when Tay and I went out to eat. I told all of the girls about how this little kid wants to meet them and everyone replied that they'd love to in the group chat.

"Number forty-six, Willow Walter's!" And the crowd goes wild. Literally. Maybe it's unrelated and it was like this before, but there are a lot more #46 jerseys compared to #22 jerseys tonight.

I shake hands with the refs and other team before the starters meet back up near the free throw line.

"Hawkeyes on three."

The energy is there and I'm so ready to play. Taylor's here and wearing my jersey which also helps pump me up. My family couldn't come but then again, they never did at UConn.

I line up against the other girl and take my stance.

"You're Willow right?"

"Yes I am." She's really pretty actually.

"Just want to say that you're so hot." We shake hands and I smirk at her. "Think there's any chance I could get your number?"

"Maybe if you play a tough game I'll consider. Find me when we're done." I shoot her a wink and her cheeks heat up. The ref comes up, blows the whistle and throws the ball up.

Obviously I get it and I hit it to Kate. She passes it off to Caitlin but I hang back behind the three point line. I'm in the corner and wide open so when Caitlin throws the ball to Gabbie, she throws it to me for a wide open three. It goes in and it's 3-0. I hold a 3 up with my right hand and point at the camera with my other hand.

As the game goes on I realize that Caitlin's shots aren't hitting. So much so that we don't kick the ball out to her as much. She's 1/8 from the three point line and 2/6 inside the paint.

I'm at 18 points by half and I guess I'm selecting my shots with more consideration. Or maybe she's just having an off night. Based off the look on her face it's the second one.

Hannah is having a great night on the other hand. She's just making all her shots and her defense is amazing. We come out after half and all the starters go back in. Second quarter we all got taken out at 6 minutes because we had such a gap from the other team.

I've not dunked yet but that's mainly because Caitlin's passes aren't hitting right. There's an obvious disconnect between us. She stole the ball earlier and I booked it down the court, and she threw the ball so far over my head that there's no way I could have saved it.

Earlier she hit her head in frustration because she couldn't play ball like usual. Coach takes us all out for good to let the bench play. It was a good call since we're leading by 60 right now.

My final stat is gonna be 38 points, 6 assists and 9 rebounds. Not too bad for playing about half a game. The bench is playing really good and honestly any one of them could be a starter. I'm very fortunate to even get playing time with people as good as them.

Since I'm not going back in I take the time to visit my trainer on the side to double check my knee is fine. It's not bugging me but seriously I'd feel better if they cleared it.